17 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
sonofmadeleymariner
August 25, 2012, 7:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
we werepoor going forward, nothing created by the midfield really, nothing more to say watching that i'm pleased with a draw against a good promotion pushing side

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 166
Alfie
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Would've taken a point but don't think we learned anything much.

Pretty steady at the back but we're so, so much weaker going forward it hurts. Pearson, Cook & Colbeck just aren't up to it on the showings so far. Desperately need reinforcements out wide and up front if it's going to be anything more than midtable mediocrity.

Positives being Niven (needs a ball player beside him - Thanoj?!!?!) and Pond.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 166
hook line and sinker
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
defensively we are sound,we just dont have an attacking plamaker who will link attack and midfield,get one and we wont be to far away.keep it as it is and we will be trying to win games by the odd goal and play deep.as we all no games in the bsp are rarely won by an odd goal.GOOD POINT NEVERTHELESS UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 166
Perkins
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
I feel as if i have just wasted ninety minutes of my life.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 166
Codzilla
August 25, 2012, 7:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +11 / -3
I hate to admit it but i've only been to a handful of games the last few years and that standard is absolutely dire. People still actually pay £18 to watch that? The amount of misplaced 5-10 yard passes was unreal. It wouldn't be so bad if we played like that but actually managed to win games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 166
springstomind
August 25, 2012, 7:20pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Quoted from 1739
Is it just me or does anyone think this is a good result against a good side who came second in the league last season.

Agree mate its a really good result. second half we were not bad at all. Colbeck came to light and looked sharp second half. Cook was pretty terrible when he came on, but we were passing the ball and playing football other than hoofball. We could have had 2 or 3 today and apart from a cracking save from McKeown, i only really remember them having 1 chance.

Good result and looking forward to monday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 166
lorenxox
August 25, 2012, 7:21pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from springstomind

Agree mate its a really good result. second half we were not bad at all. Colbeck came to light and looked sharp second half. Cook was pretty terrible when he came on, but we were passing the ball and playing football other than hoofball. We could have had 2 or 3 today and apart from a cracking save from McKeown, i only really remember them having 1 chance.

agreed!
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 166
Codzilla
August 25, 2012, 7:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Looked steady at the back though which is good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 166
Alfie
August 25, 2012, 7:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from springstomind

Thought he offered nothing. Nothing at the end of those runs. Quick but that aside just a less clumsy Makofo without the odd flukey bit of end product.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 166
TonySmith
August 25, 2012, 7:24pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +968
Gold Stars: 11
   I only got to watch the second half, but I actually quite enjoyed it. We are looking quite solid at the back. We just need to get a bit more creative and clinical going forward. Maybe I'm overoptimistic, but I think that improvement going forward will be forthcoming.  Very good point today which won't shoot us up the table tonight but is still a good result. Now the game against Mansfield becomes huge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 166
17 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › wrexham match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.