Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 37 Guests

The truth of hillsborough

This thread currently has 27,838 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
September 11, 2012, 7:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from grimps
Like all disasters this was caused by many diffrent factors ,Police ,Ground and stewards,the F.A for not giving the scousers the kop as they had the previous season,and of course the Scouse fans.
the police like they still do to day closed in on themselves and made sure their arses was coverd ,lied for each other and as in so many other cases against the police they ''lost evidence ''.
The scouse fans never accepted any blame for their own fans which  without late comers ticketless and drunk fans the disaster wouldnt have happened.
Ive never heard them screaming for justice for the 30 odd killed at Heysels but they do like a bit of a campaign ,protest or minutes silence at any opportunity for any other reason.
At the end of the day it was a accident and the biggest tribute ever paid to those familys was the way we got our act togther after this,we built some of the best safest all seater staduims in the world and made this the safest place in the world to watch football.
Theres your justice now let sleeping dogs lie

Agree with most of your post but if you were Trevor Hicks and had lost 2 daughters im sure you would want justice as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 173
grimps
September 11, 2012, 7:31pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,175
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Agree with most of your post but if you were Trevor Hicks and had lost 2 daughters im sure you would want justice as well.

I dont know what justice they are seeking now mate ?
nobody who got up that morning wanted anybody to die later in the day,the only comfort these people can take now is that they know it can never happen again.
Id have been more drunk off if i had lost family in the Ibrox disaster which resulted in nothing changing and the same things happening again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 173
1mickylyons
September 11, 2012, 7:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from grimps

I dont know what justice they are seeking now mate ?
nobody who got up that morning wanted anybody to die later in the day,the only comfort these people can take now is that they know it can never happen again.
Id have been more drunk off if i had lost family in the Ibrox disaster which resulted in nothing changing and the same things happening again.

You and me as kids would have been told to go and stand at the bottom of the Pontoon terracing and we would have been fairly safe and in those days of terracing you would have headed to the bottom of the stand to be safe in most grounds.As a direct result of that gate opening and fans going through a tunnel blindly onto the centre pen those girls stood at the bottom  died and somebody should be found guilty of manslaughter.The guy in charge of the Police easily had the power to put the kick off back half an hour or take whatever steps he needed to control the crowd and the fact that he failed is a criminal act.I still shudder every time I read articles on so called Police Intelligence realting to football it`s a myth looking at it through Town fans eyes Burton Albion most Town fans knew weeks in advance what was heading there how come Plod never?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 173
Grim up north
September 11, 2012, 7:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +692
Gold Stars: 1
A Mate of mine who was there at the time was in that pen and did exactly that ,got there early and went straight to the front ,luckily for him they weren't happy with the view so they decided to go towards the back so that they could see both goals.Good points from Gimps and your right as well Mickeylyons.The good thing is I take my daughter now to watch both Town and Chelsea and feel a lot safer today than when I was going at her age.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 173
GrimRob
September 11, 2012, 8:00pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
I remember the whole period vividly. I was watching the TV at the time. It was one of those moments you never forget and I read the (quality) press avidly is the days that followed. I don't think you can put 100% blame on anyone though so I always object to headlines presenting anything as The Truth - it's just not that clear cut with so many people involved. In any crowd of that size there are bound to be people not behaving entirely legally and there would have been people who were in various degrees of intoxication (like at any football match). I'd put 90% of the blame of the police, and the rest between the stadia we had at the time and maybe a few percentage down to the fans.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 173
costa del cleethorpes
September 12, 2012, 8:09am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
A pal of mine who lived near hillsborough said the scousers behaviour that day was the worst he had witnessed from a set of fans at a semi final, the police got the big decisions wrong however the scousers should shoulder some of the blame rip 96
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 173
RoboCod
September 12, 2012, 8:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
The blame has been attributed, some fans behaviour contributed but on the day all police communication and order broke down. That was the official legal conclusion. This inquest is about finding the hidden documents and how much of the police report at the time was fabricated. In other words, it's uncovering a cover up.  It's not ot trying to apportion blame for the situation that arose, it's done that. Even the PM at the time, Thatcher was badly misled into what happened. What hope for the families in getting the truth?

I hope today results in a clean sweep of the whole affair and is the final chapter in this tragic story.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 173
Alfie
September 12, 2012, 8:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from RoboCod
The blame has been attributed, some fans behaviour contributed but on the day all police communication and order broke down. That was the official legal conclusion. This inquest is about finding the hidden documents and how much of the police report at the time was fabricated. In other words, it's uncovering a cover up.  It's not ot trying to apportion blame for the situation that arose, it's done that. Even the PM at the time, Thatcher was badly misled into what happened. What hope for the families in getting the truth?

I hope today results in a clean sweep of the whole affair and is the final chapter in this tragic story.

Absolutely no chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 173
RoboCod
September 12, 2012, 8:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Alfie

Absolutely no chance.

You're probably right. I'm sure all of the above will be rehashed and picked apart again next April on every forum. Todays findings are for the families though, and it's been a long time coming. Regardless of individuals views I hope that they are at least satisfied with todays report. I think satisfied is the best you could hope for after all of this time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 173
BIGChris
September 12, 2012, 9:04am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
There have been some very balanced views posted on this thread. Most state that there are several groups who, in hindsight, acted poorly, whether they be fans, police or goverment. Probably not deliberately, but made errors of judgements and didnt consider the consequences.

I suspect it will become a political issue and a blame game about the cover up. Whilst not right, covers ups of varying degrees happen on a very regular basis in government and business. They withold 'sensitive' information that they consider could inflame situations. It is the way of the world but this cost innocent people their lives.

One father of victim said in a TV interview this morning that an apology wont make any difference to him. It cannot change anything. He did say however that if one family got closure then it would be a good thing.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 173
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › The truth of hillsborough

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.