10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
aaron rattray
November 10, 2012, 6:07pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I was there, hatton played excellent and it was definitely thanoj who scored and not Hannah

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 95
cmackenzie4
November 10, 2012, 6:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from bradzmilne
Well, 5-1 flattered us - no denying that.
But... 5-1 is 5-1!!!!

I thought sam hatton had a very good game today and the 2 goals were really the cherry on top of the cake. Good to see he hasnt started sulking because he hasnt been getting game time and i bet he starts next week now after what happened last week after dropping miller after a very solid performance.
Marshall is direct with the ball, he really scares defenders when they see the ball at his feet but his end product isnt always brilliant, which i guess is expected at this level.
Andi Thanoj looks better and better every game i see him, his starting to look like a 10 seasoned pro. Not a young, naive 19 year old with seen from so many other players in the past.
Aswad was just Aswad and make my words will make a lot of money off him 1 day. Same with Shaun Pearson.
We need to tie Pond (and all of the 3 loanees for that matter!)  up if at all possible ASAP. He just plays with such confidence and is far to good for this level. If i was fenty id be really tempted to bite the bullet get all 3 of them and that in my eyes would be the difference between finishing 10th and 3rd, but like anything in business it takes a risk. If we get all 3 and dont go up, John will have lost a fair chunk of money.
One potential negative, anyone see why Colbeck went off so early? tactical or injury didnt catch it myself.
Finally, big well done to the fans. Made a superbv atmosphere today.
Roll on Saturday!
UTM

Colbeck was limping so must of been carrying a knock.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 95
moosey_club
November 10, 2012, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,270
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I thought Marshall played very well. Draws fouls and linked well with Thomas. My only criticism is that he sometimes overplays it around the box - but when you've got someone who can strike a free kick like Hatton in the team that is not always a bad thing.

Cook impressed too. He flicked a few good balls on and although he's not going to match the 17 he scored last season he makes a positive contribution to the team. His play for Disley's goal was brilliant.

Marshall for the third game in a row has taken some very hefty challenges, he has also already had two sent off for fouls on him, (should have been another at Hyde) so defenders obviously see him as a threat.
He is not much help when it comes to covering his full back but he causes problems.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 95
moosey_club
November 10, 2012, 6:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,270
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Colbeck was limping so must of been carrying a knock.

First run he made in the first few minutes, he tangled at the byline with the defender and stayed down off the pitch. Came back on but you could see he could feel something.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 95
oldun
November 10, 2012, 6:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Cook had his best game for town, put himself about, some of his control and passing I never thought I would see him do. Really pleased he capped it with a goal. I reckon he his happy now Elding is out the way. His confidence has improved and I actually saw him smiling! When Niven came on he broke up a lot of their passing moves and Thanoj made a good contribution with his passing. Will be interesting to see if we revert to 442 next week, maybe with both Neilson and Marshall on the flanks but who would miss out? For now let's enjoy a good result from an enjoyable game, helped by Woking's attacking approach, can see why they have scored a good few goals, but they have defensive problems. I expect Braintree to be more defensive next week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 95
alvinghammariner
November 10, 2012, 6:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Great result town, get in!!

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.