2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
April 16, 2014, 8:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 534
had a night to reflect, but look theres 3 games to go and HOPEFULLY 6, can we all not just pull together and get totally behind paul and the players? we are all town fans and i just dont understand the sledging of players/manager with 3 games to go when in the play offs ( yes performances arent great, but SURELY we would all rather win ugly than lose playing pretty football). Wouldnt it be great if we could be celebrating a promotion in a months time, back where we belong? Come on fellow mariners, 3 to go, 3 cup finals for our play off place, lets get behind the boys and show everyone that GTFC CAN go up. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
wigworld
April 16, 2014, 8:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I couldn't agree more. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 18
woswwf
April 16, 2014, 9:12am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +22
Yep, disappointing result last night but after 90% of the season, the league table doesn't lie. We're the 3rd/4th best team in the division and I'd have certainly taken this position after we'd lost at Halifax, or when RS was sacked, or when we were 9th with a fixture backlog on the horizon.

I also imagine that Wrexham, Forest Green, Kidderminster etc would happily trade places with us at the moment.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Trawler
April 16, 2014, 9:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from woswwf
I'd have certainly taken this position after we'd lost at Halifax, or when RS was sacked, or when we were 9th with a fixture backlog on the horizon.

Me too.  Some people have short memories.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
jonnyboy82
April 16, 2014, 9:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Trawler

Me too.  Some people have short memories.

I dont think some people have short memories.

I think 4th \5th is acceptable given our budget.

He has done nothing astounding to get us were we are, infact he has made it harder for himself by his weird decisions along the way.

GTFC
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
April 16, 2014, 9:24am
Guest User
Quoted from woswwf
Yep, disappointing result last night but after 90% of the season, the league table doesn't lie. We're the 3rd/4th best team in the division and I'd have certainly taken this position after we'd lost at Halifax, or when RS was sacked, or when we were 9th with a fixture backlog on the horizon.

I also imagine that Wrexham, Forest Green, Kidderminster etc would happily trade places with us at the moment.

Being the 3rd/4th best team in this division counts for nothing it may as well be  9th/10th etc if we are not good enough to win the playoffs, remaining in this league again is failure.
Reply: 5 - 18
Jarmo.Is.God
April 16, 2014, 9:27am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Braintree away at Barnet on monday, last game could be massive, but im confident it will be a meaningless game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
grimps
April 16, 2014, 9:45am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,118
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Hagrid
had a night to reflect, but look theres 3 games to go and HOPEFULLY 6, can we all not just pull together and get totally behind paul and the players? we are all town fans and i just dont understand the sledging of players/manager with 3 games to go when in the play offs ( yes performances arent great, but SURELY we would all rather win ugly than lose playing pretty football). Wouldnt it be great if we could be celebrating a promotion in a months time, back where we belong? Come on fellow mariners, 3 to go, 3 cup finals for our play off place, lets get behind the boys and show everyone that GTFC CAN go up. UTM

I would rather us win ugly than lose ugly which we seem to be doing every time we play a half decent team at home.
This team will never go up under this manager ,We've all seen this coming since January but a few on here seem to think that the louder you cheer for Hurst the better his tactics and team selections become.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
GrimRob
April 16, 2014, 9:50am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
The bookies still have us second favourites for promotion via the play-offs. Let's be positive (we're supposed to be "supporters" after all), rather than write our own team off. We've played over 50 games this season and there's only been one (Halifax away over 6 months ago) where we couldn't have got at least a draw had we scored with the final kick of the game. We're difficult to beat, the perfect strategy for the low-scoring play-offs!!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 18
Geordie Mariner 1980
April 16, 2014, 10:17am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +33
Agree with the original post, lets keep positive; some of the slating of players last night around me was terrible - it doesn't help players & is so counter-productive; I'm sure that most people would have taken a decent cup run and a play off place at this stage of the season on day 1, so lets get behind the team for these last 6 matches!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 3 to go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.