This thread currently has 7,076 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Dan
April 22, 2014, 12:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Can see UKIP taking this in all sadness. Wasn't his majority only 600 or so?

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
moosey_club
April 22, 2014, 12:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Glad he is going, may have raised awareness of the area and some of the causes in the past but recently i cant recall him doing much other than abstaining his votes on fairly important issues. He is supposed to represent the people who voted him into office, abstaining on any issue is ducking responsibility as far as i am concerned.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
louth_in_the_south
April 23, 2014, 10:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
You fookers kept electing him

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
barralad
April 27, 2014, 12:23am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Having had a lot of dealings with Lincolnshire MPs and politicians through my former job I can only tell you that Austin was head and shoulders above the rest for raising the issues of and supporting constituents...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
jock dock tower
April 30, 2014, 9:34am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It's a long while sine I had anything to do with Grimsby politics since moving north of the border in 1991, but I can only re-iterate Barralad's view of him as damn hardworking constituency MP. He also secured his place in Parliamentary history with his bill to allow the television cameras into Westminster. To serve one constituency for 37 years means he's done something right along the way. UKIP may make noises about being able to win a seat like Grimsby but the reality is they're very much a one man band, and when it comes to a General Election and their policies come under intense media scrutiny they'll go the same way as the BNP. European Elections are always a good vehicle for giving mainstream parties a bloody nose.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
FishOutOfWater
December 5, 2014, 4:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Dan
Can see UKIP taking this in all sadness. Wasn't his majority only 600 or so?

Maybe because of its current TV profile with Skint and Strictly, Grimsby seems to be getting a bit of attention from other quarters

I know there was another recent thread on UKIP here but I couldn't remember where it was - anyway this article I saw this afternoon sits nicely on this thread about the town's current incumbent

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sirajdatoo/the-ukip-surge-could-labour-lose-in-its-northern-heartland

I certainly don't subscribe to Farage's philisophy but there's one quote from a prospective UKIP voter on there that hits the nail right on the head as far as I'm concerned

"It doesn’t make a difference who you vote for. They’re all the same. They want to take money away from poor people and give it to rich people"

Maybe not strictly 100% true but I'd say it strikes a chord with a lot of the electorate and that's why UKIP think they stand a good chance locally. Time will tell but it saddens me to think what might happen......
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 20
barralad
December 7, 2014, 9:13pm
Mariners Trust
The sad thing is that people think ex-merchant banker Farage will be different....

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
Fcukthescunts
December 15, 2014, 11:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
I went to school with Mel (Healing) good lass who will try her hardest for benefit of Grimsby people but I do think UKIP will get in!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
barralad
December 16, 2014, 11:03pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
I went to school with Mel (Healing) good lass who will try her hardest for benefit of Grimsby people but I do think UKIP will get in!

They will have to take a lot of votes from the other two parties. My fear is they take more from Labour which lets in the Tories..

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
forza ivano
December 17, 2014, 7:22am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,280
Gold Stars: 266
He's got a bit doddery and out of touch in the last few years but IMHO he's been a damn good mp.had cause to need his help a few years ago and he was on the case immediately and got the issue sorted in next to no time. Enjoy your retirement Mr mitchell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Austin Mitchell

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.