davmariner
April 21, 2014, 9:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,924
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
My Dad was bang on in his assessment of Nielson today, he looks lots better on the left, he also makes Aswad look better as they link up very well when they get going. Today though we looked like we had a few players being used as square pegs in round holes, Nielson and Paddy being the moss obvious. Great to get in the play offs with a game to go, nose the time to make ten changes Paul.
Mom today was Hatton who didn't put a foot wrong.

Agree about Neilson he doesn't really seem comfortable on the right, kept cutting inside into trouble instead of hugging the touchline. Think as PH said, we missed Rodders.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
lew chaterleys lover
April 21, 2014, 9:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from newfootballer

I cannot believe you have said that about Ross Hannah,he has now scored four goals in two games natural goalscoresers are very much to their own thinking.

I played at Town for a number of years with brilleant goal scorers like like Matt Tees,Stuart Brace,Kevin Drinkell, etc and not that I was a goalscorer I was a creative midfielder.

The times I can tell you when I got into far better positions than the names I have just mentioned and they never passed to me and missed. but that is a goal scorer.

Natural goalscorers will always go for a shot on goal rather than pass to a collegue who is in a better position, and that is a fact
NEW FOOTBALLER

Played with Drinkell?

Are you sure??
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
barralad
April 21, 2014, 9:38pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126

Played with Drinkell?

Are you sure??

In 5 games during the 1976/77 and 77/78 seasons!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
Teestogreen
April 21, 2014, 9:57pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -152
Gold Stars: 23
It surprises me that Newfootballer retired in 1978 - of course he must have played with Kevin Drinkell (who had not scored many goals at that point) - but when I saw Drinks play in a 4-0 win for Norwich at Carlisle (with the likes of Steve Bruce)- he was the finished article - class act.

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
Stevie Saunders
April 21, 2014, 9:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Obviously pleased as punch we are in the play offs but if we are third best team in Conference then it muse be a p*ss poor league
Very nervy performance which lacked guile, creativity and an ability to do the simple things... a microcosm of many performances I've seen this season (home and away)
Neillson - for someone who is as obviously talented as he is there is very little end product
Thanoj - big fan of him but he failed to impose himself on the game
Shop - big fan, but looked nervy
Aswad - thank god Hurst brought him off; it was almost cruel watching him suffer

We have stuttered over the line and now anything can happen - having said all that I'd be very surprised if we get promoted as we are not lethal up top and too prone to errors at the back

Today's performance summed up our season to be fair - stop/start; lacking conviction; lack of chances; lack of crosses; lack of bodies in the box; over complicating things

The win is everything - if we had drawn 0-0 you would have to out that performance down as pretty appalling against a team that had conceded 117 goals.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
DocTower
April 22, 2014, 11:32am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Obviously pleased as punch we are in the play offs but if we are third best team in Conference then it muse be a p*ss poor league
Very nervy performance which lacked guile, creativity and an ability to do the simple things... a microcosm of many performances I've seen this season (home and away)
Neillson - for someone who is as obviously talented as he is there is very little end product
Thanoj - big fan of him but he failed to impose himself on the game
Shop - big fan, but looked nervy
Aswad - thank god Hurst brought him off; it was almost cruel watching him suffer

We have stuttered over the line and now anything can happen - having said all that I'd be very surprised if we get promoted as we are not lethal up top and too prone to errors at the back

Today's performance summed up our season to be fair - stop/start; lacking conviction; lack of chances; lack of crosses; lack of bodies in the box; over complicating thing

The win is everything - if we had drawn 0-0 you would have to out that performance down as pretty appalling against a team that had conceded 117 goals.

This is the way I saw the game , but got slateded on the way home for being too degative .
I would think the other 3 teams would want us in the play offs .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
ginnywings
April 23, 2014, 8:00am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Was told by someone last night that the porker who came on for them as a sub is their managers twin brother and was put on "for a laugh".  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
cmackenzie4
April 23, 2014, 8:06am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
He was even bigger than Mcnulty!  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
Abdul19
April 23, 2014, 8:26am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,560
Gold Stars: 216
He is the manager's twin brother and looking at the size of him that's quite possibly true. He was a decent non league striker a while back though so it's not like PH giving me a game.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
biggles9999
April 23, 2014, 9:55am
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from ginnywings
Was told by someone last night that the porker who came on for them as a sub is their managers twin brother and was put on "for a laugh".  

He has played for them about 50/60 times over the course of 3 spells with them. Not sure how often he has played in this spell mind.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged) Hyde

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.