Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Summer transfers and pointless speculation thread
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 3 Guests

Summer transfers and pointless speculation thread

This thread currently has 35,787 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
May 13, 2014, 8:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
FGR signed 3 players already...

they spent a lot of money every year !

Pipe
Sam Wedgbury - From stevenage
Kurtis Guthrie - From Welling

NO GUARANTEE FROM THIS YEAR'S SHOWING !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 149
Jarmo.Is.God
May 14, 2014, 1:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 149
davmariner
May 15, 2014, 12:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
I hear Ricky Miller is out of contract at Boston. Worth a punt?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 149
Les Brechin
May 15, 2014, 6:34pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,714
Gold Stars: 174
Any of this lot any good?

Quoted Text
THE TORQUAY UNITED CAR BOOT SALE

Roll up, roll up!

Is your team looking for an experienced (but crap) right back? Or what about a striker who comes with a fantastic beard (and a broken arm)? If so, look no further than TQ1!

For sale we have...

Dale Tonge - Experienced right back. Played loads of times for Rotherham and came to us with fairly high expectations. Turned out to be absolutely terrible. But he's got a lot of experience so whoever needs an experienced pro as part of their defence then look no further!

Karl Hawley - The once excellent striker who bagged lots of goals for Carlisle is the next player up for grabs! Another part of Alan Knill's 2013 transfer window masterclass, this guy. Scored 3 goals for us in about 30 odd appearances, and ended the season on the treatment table with a broken arm. What more do you want?!

Ben Harding - I'm actually a bit surprised at this one. He's won this division before with Aldershot, yet has been naff for us, to be honest. If you want a fancy-dan centre midfielder who might occasionally win a header or pick out a nice hollywood pass, this is your man!

Shaun Cooper - ***MYSTERY PLAYER*** Signed in January - never ever featured for us. I genuinely have no clue what sort of player he is, but he could be exactly the player your team needs!

Elliot Benyon - Bags of energy, this one. Unfortunately he can often be like Bambi (spends more time on the floor than on his feet). Doesn't know the offside rule. However, if the ball is in the penalty area at his feet, there is a possibility that he might find the onion bag. Probably not though.

Nathan Craig - Genuinely this guy is a good passer and he has a wicked delivery. Unfortunately he struggles on the physical side. Think more of a Xavi than a Lee Cattermole. Also struggles in a two-man midfield. Wants a move back near North Wales.

Aaron Downes - Came to us and instantly became a cult figure for fans. However he was poor last season as we struggled, and Hargreaves wants rid. Current holder of 'the longest header of the season' award.

Jordan Chapell - Another surprise. Fast, skilful. Unfortunately he can't really cross a ball to save his life. Wants to move back to Sheffield. Still young though so this is the one I think we will get rid of, somewhere.

Take your pick, ladies!

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 149
Grimal
May 15, 2014, 7:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from davmariner
I hear Ricky Miller is out of contract at Boston. Worth a punt?

These are his stats for the 2013/2014 season. Total goals 28.

Ricky Miller

Age 25, Striker

Previous Clubs:
Hitchin Town, Rothwell Town, Spalding United, Stamford AFC, St Ives Town, Arlesey Town, Corby Town.

Biography:
Striker Ricky Miller rejoined Boston United for a second spell in June 2013. He had netted six goals in 12 appearances for the Pilgrims during the second half of the 2008-2009 campaign as United battled relegation from the UniBond Premier League. His hat-trick against Prescot Cables and last minute winner at Hednesford Town were key elements in United beating the drop. He was allowed to move on that summer as new bosses Rob Scott and Paul Hurst put their stamp on the squad and he continued his career with the likes of Stamford AFC, for whom he netted the winning goal in their May 2013 Evo-Stik Division One South play-off final victory over Chasetown. Read less »

Appearances (46)

All Appearances (46)

Player of the Matchs (9)

Goals (19)

Sub Offs (15)

Penalties (9)

Yellow Cards (5)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 149
Tom13
May 15, 2014, 11:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from Les Brechin
Any of this lot any good?

I expect we'll be linked with Dale Tonge with him being ex-Rotherham and us possibly needing a right back, whether we'll sign him or not I don't know!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 149
ginnywings
May 16, 2014, 12:23am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Tom13

I expect we'll be linked with Dale Tonge with him being ex-Rotherham and us possibly needing a right back, whether we'll sign him or not I don't know!

We've got Bignot and Walker, so i don't think we'll sign another RB?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 149
Byker_Groves
May 16, 2014, 10:02am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -2
I'm bored and there's still so long to wait until August.

So what about that Johan Ter Horst kid that Hull City Tigers signed? A Season at a high end skrill premier club could be a good "next step" in his football education.

Thoughts?

I'll be honest all i know is that he's scored a bag load of goals and at least 3 PL clubs were interested in him so he must have something about him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 149
Tom13
May 18, 2014, 5:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from ginnywings

We've got Bignot and Walker, so i don't think we'll sign another RB?

Probably not, but unless Bignot improves I wouldn't say he's the attacking right back we need (not that Tonge necessarily is either).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 149
acko338
May 19, 2014, 5:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
Is the Transfer PFA site correct? Jack Barlow (19) released from Hull this week ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 149
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Summer transfers and pointless speculation thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.