dapperz fun pub
July 4, 2014, 10:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,066
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from forza ivano

no such thing as bad publicity. no matter what the film is like there is going to be a good deal of interest in gtfc as a result both from the press and foreign football fans who will want to know more about gtfc. a perfect opportunity, in fact, for our marketing department . knowing our marketing dept i'm sure theyre on the case already, exploring how best to exploit the opportunity.......

we are gtfc not barca our marketing opportunities are all local based no one else gives a fook about us but absolutely agree we dont do the local stuff that well   the saying no such thing as bad publicity is total bollox in this situation  and is the max clifford train of thought, old fashioned and out dated bit like max him self really if cohen really takes the urine out of grimsby how will that benefit this town in any shape or form? i can just picture all the Siemens executives flying into humbo passing over the dock tower saying is that where all the football hooligans live .lets invest there .....   lets wait and see but i cant see what good it will do us if its as bad as i fear
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 103
Dan
July 4, 2014, 11:19am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
It worked wonders for the reputation of Staines / Kazakstan.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 103
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 4, 2014, 11:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,039
Gold Stars: 191
Is any of it actually being filmed at the ground or local area

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 103
forza ivano
July 4, 2014, 12:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,286
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Dan
It worked wonders for the reputation of Staines / Kazakstan.

certainly helped increase interest.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/17826000
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 103
nickmariners
July 4, 2014, 1:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from forza ivano

no such thing as bad publicity. no matter what the film is like there is going to be a good deal of interest in gtfc as a result both from the press and foreign football fans who will want to know more about gtfc. a perfect opportunity, in fact, for our marketing department . knowing our marketing dept i'm sure theyre on the case already, exploring how best to exploit the opportunity.......

yeah - just ask Gerald Rattner, Gordon Brown, Nicolas Sarkozy, Rolf Harris etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 103
moosey_club
July 4, 2014, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from pizzzza
Can anyone on here claim that the character is based on them? I see a fair few supporters who think they are Liam Gallagher/Paul Weller-a-likes down at BP!

socks and sandals in one of those pictures....more Barnsley than Cleethorpes.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 103
KingstonMariner
July 4, 2014, 11:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Definitely not Gallagher. More like that monkey man bloke from Supergrass with those sideburns.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 103
poomehellt
July 5, 2014, 11:01am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
Am half expecting him to show up this season in disguse, either at ground or local boozer and cause agro with it being recorded with a bit of secret filming. Am sure someone in this town going to make a prat out of themselves on recorded footage Borat style.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 103
Marinerz93
July 5, 2014, 11:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from poomehellt
Am half expecting him to show up this season in disguse, either at ground or local boozer and cause agro with it being recorded with a bit of secret filming. Am sure someone in this town going to make a prat out of themselves on recorded footage Borat style.

He could just trawl footage on the net, Grimsby v Stoke, Burton v Grimsby or ask our very own video man PC what's his name, who must have the most voyeuristic video collection worldwide and by using modern digital editing, put himself right up front of any trouble.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 103
GiveUsAG
July 5, 2014, 12:05pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
Quoted from Marinerz93

He could just trawl footage on the net, Grimsby v Stoke, Burton v Grimsby or ask our very own video man PC what's his name, who must have the most voyeuristic video collection worldwide and by using modern digital editing, put himself right up front of any trouble.

PC Dodds. Pretty sure he'll be gearing himself up for the Sunderland 'friendly'.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Sacha Baron Cohen new Grimsby look

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.