Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How do you measure PR?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 237 Guests

How do you measure PR?

This thread currently has 2,181 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
The Grim Reaper
July 29, 2014, 11:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Too good to go down writes a load of shite. What qualifies him to judge PR and Fenty? He sounds like he's a schoolboy who has read all the PR books.

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
horsforthmariner
July 29, 2014, 11:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,633
Gold Stars: 9
I work in a PR type job and grimsby's PR is shocking. There are two basics that grimsby ignore on a regular basis - firstly don't give an emotional response - give a rational response - too often people at GTFC have said things in the heat of the moment rather than waiting to give a statement. The second is don't offend your customers - the comment about the fans getting behind the team in the run up to the end of the season was just stupid.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
bax
July 29, 2014, 12:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
Too good to go down writes a load of shite. What qualifies him to judge PR and Fenty? He sounds like he's a schoolboy who has read all the PR books.

Thanks John!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
RichMariner
July 29, 2014, 12:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,136
Gold Stars: 209

I don't know him personally but I know he's worked in the PR industry. I think he's qualified to offer his perspective.

A lot is said about PR and it's one of those disciplines that everyone thinks they know a lot about, and that's because, in truth, PR is pretty simple. It's common sense. It's about knowing what to say and when to say it (and also understanding who you're saying it to).

But a ridiculous amount of people get it wrong because they're senior professionals who have spent too much of their working life making decisions in boardrooms and have become detached from understanding what their customers really want. And when someone tells them what the score is at ground level, so to speak, they can choose to ignore it and go with their (bad) instincts because, after all, they're the boss - and what they say, goes.

The best chief execs, chairmen in this evolving world where the power is shifting to the consumer are ones that are prepared to listen to their customers - or at least someone within their organisation i.e. a PR Manager, who can relay the situation to them.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
The Grim Reaper
July 29, 2014, 3:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
He's certainly sucked you in Rich. You're right about it being common sense though and that's all PR is. The customer is always right is a loan of bollox.

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
dapperz fun pub
July 29, 2014, 3:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,967
Gold Stars: 82
He's certainly sucked you in Rich. You're right about it being common sense though and that's all PR is. The customer is always right is a loan of bollox.

The key is to make the customer feel like their getting a good deal but really mugging them off for maximum profit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How do you measure PR?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.