Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I'm optimistic with our attacking players coming back, so I'm going for:

2-1 to us.

Pittman and Paddy

and despite my thinking LJL should have a rest, I think he'll start and do well up front with Pittman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 55
Maringer
August 21, 2014, 11:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,552
Gold Stars: 185
I'd imagine Gateshead will have plenty of possession but hopefully our defence will be solid enough to cope with their probing (ooh-err missus!). If last season is anything to go by, they may struggle to break us down but if we make defensive errors they could punish us.

I'd guess that most of our best chances will come on the break or from set pieces. Just need to take one or two of them.

It would also be helpful if we were to have a competent referee for a change.

Don't like to predict scores, but I reckon it would well end up as a draw.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 55
grimsby pete
August 22, 2014, 11:23am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from northbankmariner
Might be a bit deluded here but am predicting a goal fest, Gateshead will attack leaving spaces at the back for town to exploit, feel Pittman and LJL should start and we will create problems. Think Gateshead have goals in them also so am predicting a 3-3 draw, with town conceding a late equaliser
Goals from Pittman x 2, and LJL.

I like that Jeff but I think you are a bit deluded if you think we will concede 3,

1-3 has a lot better ring to it mate.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 55
ginnywings
August 22, 2014, 11:45am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
They are full of confidence and at home. We are playing poorly but have been generally good away from home on the whole.. I think the way Hurst operates suits us better on our travels and it will be a tight game.

Some kind of draw and i'd be ok with that.

Still hope we stuff them of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 55
Garth
August 22, 2014, 1:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
There view on things---copy and pasted

Gateshead will renew rivalries with Grimsby Town on Saturday less than four months after their memorable 3-1 victory over the Mariners in last season's Conference play-off semi finals.

Over eight thousand fans were at the International Stadium in May as James Marwood scored twice and JJ O'Donnell added a third to send The Tynesiders to Wembley for the first time.

Both sides are unbeaten so far this term, with Gateshead having claimed seven points from a possible nine, while Grimsby have drawn all three of their matches, scoring just once.

Heed boss Gary Mills is hoping to include Marcus Maddison in his team despite the 20-year-old being the subject of a bid from League One club Peterborough United earlier this week.

However, Mills will again be without injured strikers Jon Shaw and Michael Rankine.

"I have a decision to make about about who plays there because it's not ideal having your two main frontmen out," he said.

"You never know, there might even be a new face in by the weekend because if I feel we haven't got the right people to play in that position, the chairman will allow me to do that."

Grimsby left back Aswad Thomas is injured and Ross Hannah and Nathan Arnold will also miss the game, but Scott Neilson, who was sent off on Tyneside in the play-off tie, returns from suspension.

Defender Carl Magnay, who moved to Blundell Park after being released by Gateshead at the end of last season, has started every game of the campaign.

Mills is respectful of the threat posed by the visitors this weekend.

He said: "Although they'd like a few more points on the board, they haven't lost yet and that is a strength for them.

"I went through a periods last season where we had a few draws. It happens.

"They're a good side, but we're a good side and it'll be tough for them.

"It's down to how we play and what we do. We have to stay mentally strong and keep believing."

Last season's corresponding league fixture finished 2-1 to Grimsby with Liam Hearn and Chris Doig hitting back after Phil Turnbull's volley gave Gateshead the lead.

Advance tickets are available online, but must be collected from the International Stadium on the day of the game: http://www.gateshead-fc.com/buytickets

The offer for Newcastle United and Sunderland season ticket holders to gain entry for the reduced price of £10 applies for this match and all of Gateshead's home fixtures in the Vanarama Conference.

To take advantage of the discount, you must show your NUFC or SAFC season ticket on entry to the International Stadium.

Normal admission prices apply for all other supporters. Tickets cost £15 for adults, £10 for concessions, £7 for students and £3 for under 16s.

There will be additional car parking on Stadium Road which is being provided by a private company at a charge of £3.00.

Aston Villa v Newcastle United will be shown in the café/bar area and concourse of the ground from 12.45.

BBC Newcastle will be providing radio commentary on 95.4FM, DAB, 1458AM and online: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/13629210

Their post-match programme will feature live interviews with Gary Mills and some of the players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 55
Maringer
August 22, 2014, 1:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,552
Gold Stars: 185
Surely Mills ought to be going out and telling the press that they are going to smash us 5-0 because they have had a better start than us? That would be the positive way.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 55
Grimal
August 22, 2014, 2:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,875
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Maringer
I'd imagine Gateshead will have plenty of possession but hopefully our defence will be solid enough to cope with their probing (ooh-err missus!). If last season is anything to go by, they may struggle to break us down but if we make defensive errors they could punish us.

I'd guess that most of our best chances will come on the break or[/b] from set pieces.[b] Just need to take one or two of them.

It would also be helpful if we were to have a competent referee for a change.

Don't like to predict scores, but I reckon it would well end up as a draw.

Could well be right there Maringer,they conceded both their goals last week from set pieces.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 55
Grimal
August 22, 2014, 2:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,875
Gold Stars: 9
I wouldn't imagine the Gateshead and Town supporters will be very happy having to pay £15 entry, whilst the Newcastle and Sunderland season ticket holders can get in for a tenner.Thats no really fair in my mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 55
Mariner Timsky
August 22, 2014, 4:42pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Gateshead 2 - 4 GRIMSBY TOWN

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 55
August 23, 2014, 6:51am
Guest User
Oh yes 4-2 would be like Xmas come early...  
Hope you're right Timsky !
Reply: 49 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead v Town Predictions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.