7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
August 26, 2014, 7:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Just to clarify,  if we don't beat Aldershot do they take some of the 6 points won over the weekend off us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 60
chaos33
August 26, 2014, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Every post in this thread makes really good points. Lots to agree with.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 60
ginnywings
August 26, 2014, 7:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,148
Gold Stars: 548
Perhaps Hurst has always wanted to play this way but has never had the right personnel 'til now. All the pieces have fallen into place maybe? We didn't have enough pace to play a high pressing game last season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 60
Tom13
August 26, 2014, 7:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
IMO as someone said on another thread, it was probably his plan all along to play pressing football this season judging by the pacy/mobile midfielders and attackers he brought in (Clay, Brown, Arnold, Mackreth etc), it's just that it's only just happened because the players he brought in to do this were injured.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 60
August 26, 2014, 8:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Just to clarify,  if we don't beat Aldershot do they take some of the 6 points won over the weekend off us?

Guess you've heard of the term "dropped points" ?

Quoted from chaos33
Every post in this thread makes really good points. Lots to agree with.

Indeed, was noticing myself it was most flurry of green ticks for everyone.
Not too regularly I agree with ginny, Codger. lew etc either and I'm often Mr red cross man myself.

So fact we can reach agreement is another positive too.
Perhaps we're close to something very good here...
Reply: 14 - 60
Abdul19
August 26, 2014, 9:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,561
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 60
headingly_mariner
August 27, 2014, 11:16am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,377
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from pontoonlew
I think he just did what many of us were crying out for, an entertaining brand of football. Not only does that draw in the crowds, it wins games if you've got the players to do it which we have. I know people were happy with 1-0 wins but at some point as we saw all too often, you come unstuck. We can still have that gritty performance in our locker but it looks like we've finally decided to play our way and not somebody elses.

Whether or not that was always the plan or he sort of forced it upon himself we'll probably never know. But the fact is that it's worked wonders the last two games and has boosted the confidence of every single person at the club.

Do you think PH has never set out to play entertaining and attacking football? It's a hard thing to do, it's something that you have to get right and have the correct personnel for, it's not necessarily a choice.

PH got has given us our best defence for years and has clearly wanted to improve our attacking options, he has made key signings with pace and now they're fit we are seeing more attacking football. You've been endless in your criticism of Hurst's tactics and his selection of the Shop, I think it's pretty amusing that LJL was the pivotal player in our fantastic attacking play over the weekend, so I am pretty chuffed he didn't do what you were crying out for and stuck to his guns.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 60
grimsby pete
August 27, 2014, 5:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
One more good point is,

Old Codger is smiling again,

Welcome back mate.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 60
MuddyWaters
August 27, 2014, 7:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,266
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from grimsby pete
One more good point is,

Old Codger is smiling again,

Welcome back mate.

Steady on Pete. One great weekend can't and won't put the club back where it needs to be   but it's a positive leap from where we were 10 days ago. We need to be back in the league and we need a new stadium and the best chance to deliver both is by delivering on the pitch.

I'm not going to be practising my somersaults just yet  
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 60
cleethorpes_mariner
August 27, 2014, 8:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Can I just clarify if we don't win Sat is Hurst crap again and should be sacked.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The biggest positives

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.