MuddyWaters
September 17, 2014, 4:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from horsforthmariner
I think we do play more attractive football when Shop doesn't play. We were excellent in the first half and didn't miss him at all, but once they shifted tactics and started closing us down quicker and playing hoof ball it wouldn't have been better if we could have countered it. I think Shop is a good part of our squad but for me because he can't finish for toffee we shouldn't build the team round him. I'd like to see him coming off the bench a bit more instead.

Exactly. How we expect to get out of this league basing our attack around a non-striking striker is beyond me. Yes, he works hard, yes, he's awkward but he rarely scores with his head and his first touch is abysmal. If you include Arnold as the fourth striker, his strike rate is worst of the four and of the others, one hasn't played yet for whatever reason, and the other seems to be a hamstring waiting to happen.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
denni266
September 17, 2014, 7:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
A lot   of fans say that lenny is better with his feet than with his head and can pick a pass, there for would it not be better to pass the ball to the back of the net instead of shooting  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
chaos33
September 17, 2014, 10:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from horsforthmariner
I think we do play more attractive football when Shop doesn't play. We were excellent in the first half and didn't miss him at all, but once they shifted tactics and started closing us down quicker and playing hoof ball it wouldn't have been better if we could have countered it. I think Shop is a good part of our squad but for me because he can't finish for toffee we shouldn't build the team round him. I'd like to see him coming off the bench a bit more instead.

There it is. Hurrah.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Without LJL

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.