lew chaterleys lover
December 24, 2014, 2:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Club information. Why should the club apologise to anyone other than the family.  Righteous P###

I still refuse to believe this is the real Mr.Fenty.

Nobody in charge of any organisation would make a public comment such as that. It is inconceivable they would abuse the very people who still support the club despite a catastrophic fall into non league.

If I am wrong and it isn't a wind up, then I would really consider taking a back seat in everything connected to public relations for the club.    
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 54
dapperz fun pub
December 24, 2014, 2:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from biggles9999

Maybe not selling the PR very well John. You and the club are getting plenty of credit throughout this thread and others regarding the videos that have been released recently.

I agree it wasnt much of an apology but your response here didnt really need to personal comment did it?

Maybe not selling pr very well John ...LOL
I'm struggling to believe its fenty but on the other hand
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
stuart brace was king
December 24, 2014, 2:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +145

Fair play to both Rob and John; all born from a passion for the club and its supporters past and present, mistakes happen.
With such loyalty, dedication and team spirit off the pitch... Coupled with a fantastic Club Christmas video... Perhaps this will be our year.  Let's hope so!!
Merry Christmas to all, peace and goodwill.... And here's hoping we thrash the Silkmen on Boxing Day.
See you there!
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 54
headingly_mariner
December 24, 2014, 4:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120

Club information. Why should the club apologise to anyone other than the family.  Righteous P###

Oh dear, more of the famous customer service.
If the mistake was between the club and ref a public apology would have been the right thing IMO for those who were looking to pay their respects.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/righteous
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 54
GrimRob
December 24, 2014, 4:59pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113

I still refuse to believe this is the real Mr.Fenty.

Nobody in charge of any organisation would make a public comment such as that. It is inconceivable they would abuse the very people who still support the club despite a catastrophic fall into non league.

If I am wrong and it isn't a wind up, then I would really consider taking a back seat in everything connected to public relations for the club.    

Of course it is. If it wasn't don't you think the real life one would have come forward and object to this imposter taking his place on the public stage?. Even if you don't accept all the positive arguments verifying the identity of GYFR, then maybe you should consider being persuaded by a negative argument such as mine. If you remember your maths then some proofs are given by contradiction, the irrationality of the square root of two being a famous example (I got into a fight at school over this proof so I do remember it!).

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 54
December 24, 2014, 6:23pm
Guest User
It's defintely John Fenty, I still feel bad for emailing him about this to be fair. Anyway, careful John, don't do an Oyston!
Reply: 25 - 54
sonik
December 24, 2014, 8:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
If some of the posters on here realised the vile and abuse John has had to put up with regarding this issue they would be very shocked to say the least. Absolutely not his fault regarding Peter's minutes silence. Feel for my brother at this time.

UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 54
headingly_mariner
December 24, 2014, 8:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from sonik
If some of the posters on here realised the vile and abuse John has had to put up with regarding this issue they would be very shocked to say the least. Absolutely not his fault regarding Peter's minutes silence. Feel for my brother at this time.

UTM!

I don't think you'll find a single person on here who has or will say it's his fault.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 54
Rodley Mariner
December 24, 2014, 8:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from sonik

UTM!

Although he's the only person on this thread who has personally abused anybody.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 54
Wrawby_Mariner
December 24, 2014, 8:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
To be be fair I think it is far more fitting that PF's minute applause or silence is against our nearest local rival  in terms of what league we are in. For what ever reason it didn't happen last home game, and there is no point bealing about it. Lets turn this into a positive and give the great man a proper GTFC send off in front of a far superior crowd.. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 29 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Apology to the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.