3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
March 27, 2015, 10:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,565
Gold Stars: 185
Just about to head off down to London for the weekend so won't be responding on the messageboard much for a few days.

I agree with Jock on many points and think that it will be some time until Labour can drag itself away from the New Labour legacy. I think Ed Miliband is more to the left than David was and, if nothing else, EM at least kept us out of Syria whereas his brother would have almost certainly voted in favour of action.

For me, the biggest issue is that the two Eds have allowed the Tories (and the massed ranks of their mates in the media) to pass off the recession as somehow the fault of the previous Labour government. In actuality, nobody saw the financial crisis coming (all sides were equally culpable), and judging by the comments from Osborne & Co at the time, the response of a Conservative government would have made things much, much worse than they actually became.

Osborne is surely the most dishonest and political chancellor there has ever been yet his incompetence has somehow been ignored and he's thought of as a capable chancellor. Bizarre.

Not sure about UKIP in Grimsby. Melanie Onn seems like a very good Labour candidate but a lot of people have inexplicable faith in Farage and Co. They look like a bunch of incompetent jokers to me, but others seem to see something different.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
jock dock tower
March 27, 2015, 12:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Ayling is a complete and utter fruitcake, who has no concept of reality.

She was destroyed by the Green candidate over renewable energy, and I think that mauling will be sufficient to keep Labour in power now folk have seen just how completely clueless she actually is.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
grimsby pete
March 27, 2015, 3:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
I do not have much of a choice here in wealthy Suffolk,

Conservatives always get in by a mile,

My village is full of Colonel This and Brigadier That and ex Head Teachers,

I do not like them and they do not like me,

I could vote for Labour but they will still be behind The Green Party and UKIP,

So I will make my protest and vote for UKIP,

Only because the Cons round here hate them.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › SNP MPs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.