1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
BIGChris
April 1, 2015, 9:59am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Whoever is top going into the last Saturday of the season will be chosen for live TV.
Private Message
LH
April 1, 2015, 10:03am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Entirely out of curiosity - what happens if there are two (or three) contenders for the title on the last day? Where does the trophy go? I don't think the Conference have the cash to fly it by helicopter to the ground it's won at.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
Maringer
April 1, 2015, 10:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from LH
Entirely out of curiosity - what happens if there are two (or three) contenders for the title on the last day? Where does the trophy go? I don't think the Conference have the cash to fly it by helicopter to the ground it's won at.

They will make a couple of life-size replicas out of papier-mache, double-sided stickytape and silver spray paint. Nobody will be any the wiser.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
grimsby pete
April 1, 2015, 10:44am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from LH

They do what they always do when they have to make a decision,

Toss a coin.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
pizzzza
April 1, 2015, 10:46am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from LH

I seem to remember that when Mansfield pipped Kiddie the trophy was held at some point half way between until HT when they had a better idea which way it was going (I could have just dreamt this though!).

Obviously the distances involved this time would not make this practical in any case so I guess they will have some replica.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 1, 2015, 11:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Am sure a few spare tin pots will be available

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
gaz57
April 1, 2015, 12:05pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Am sure a few spare tin pots will be available

They'll be to busy preparing for next season's Conference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
LH
April 1, 2015, 12:13pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Maringer

They will make a couple of life-size replicas out of papier-mache, double-sided stickytape and silver spray paint. Nobody will be any the wiser.  

They've probably got one they prepared earlier when it was called the Blue Peter Premier.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
TownSNAFU5
April 1, 2015, 12:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
It is also interesting (or unusual) that each of the top 3 teams  play their remaining home games on the same day. Same for the remaining away games.

Eg, when Town play a home game, so do Barnet and Bristol Rovers on the same day.  The same applies for the away games for the rest of the season.  (This situation applies to the remaining 15 fixtures for the 3 clubs).

If we need a win at home against Aldershot, and Barnet and Rovers also need points to be champions, then they will also have home advantage for their last game.

I am not sure if these fixtures benefit anybody but it may help to secure the Championship before having to rely on our last home game.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Last day of the season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.