Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Record over last 10 games and the play-offs?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 134 Guests

Record over last 10 games and the play-offs?

This thread currently has 5,481 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
April 7, 2015, 9:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,882
Gold Stars: 42
Won 8, drew 2.  That is about as good as it gets.  

We are still most likely heading for the top 2 in the play-offs. And in top form.

I fancy us to get to Wembley against any of the teams below us.  If Barnet miss out I also fancy us to beat them.They only seem to have a plan A.   If they miss out out on automatic promotion they may not recover in time.  In the same way that Wrexham did not when they got 99 points but finished second.

Playing Bristol Rovers at Wembley is different.  I am not confident of beating them, although we might in a one-off game on the day.  Assuming that they get to Wembley. They may also have a bad reaction if they have missed out on automatic promotion.  

On the plus side, we do have a fully-fit squad, a successful, settled team and can cover any injuries or suspensions. We should be confident after a long unbeaten run. We may be able to rest key players.

We should go further in the play-offs that the last 2 years. We are ready and must better prepared this year.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
BIGChris
April 7, 2015, 9:43am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Not sure I share (what seems like) everybody's elses view that we will not beat Bristol Rovers should we meet them at Wembley.

We are perfectly capable of doing so. In the two games against them we have been far from our best and i think their main 'weakness' is a lack of pace which is hard to hide in the big open spaces of Wembley.

Not totally ruled out winning the league yet but if it is the play offs we look far stronger than the previous two attempts

Believe!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
Mighty_Mariner
April 7, 2015, 9:51am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
I'd worry about playing Forest Green over 2 legs to be honest. They're in good form and Parkin has 15 goals in his last 16 games, and someone I think Pearson would struggle to dominate. The best result if we can't win the league would be for Brovers to win. Barnet finish 2nd so play Forest Green in the semis and us play Macclesfield.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
grimsby pete
April 7, 2015, 9:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
We can do this ,

If not champions then we will win play offs !!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
LH
April 7, 2015, 10:11am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
Hopefully we go out for the next three games with the intention of posting some three or four goal victories to a) give us the best chance of sneaking the title and b) scaring the excrement out of any potential play off opponents.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
supertown
April 7, 2015, 10:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,458
Gold Stars: 53
This is the first year i have felt confident, if we have to do it via the playoffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
grimps
April 7, 2015, 11:10am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
If we played rovers at Wembley they'd be over 60000 there. This would give us a ££million  plus war chest for next season back in the league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
BIGChris
April 7, 2015, 12:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I'd worry about playing Forest Green over 2 legs to be honest. They're in good form.

Did you not see their game at home to Aldershot on the TV last week. They were awful
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
cmackenzie4
April 7, 2015, 12:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I agree with Chris, I watched the FGR game against Aldershot and I thought they looked mediocre at best! when Aldershot upped their game in the 2nd half FGR couldn't cope with it, the way to beat FGR is take it to em and don't give them any room to play (close them down on everything)

What will hopefully work in our favour in the playoffs is that we have a squad of players who have been in this posistion before (some with other teams)  and some with Town, I know the playoffs are a lottery but usually the better team win them .  having watched FGR, Bristol/Barnet, Macclesfield, Woking I feel we are a better football team than any of these teams.

My prediction is we will get FGR over the 2 legs and then Barnet at Wembley and league 2 next season!  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
SamTheMariner
April 7, 2015, 12:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
I thought we dealt with Parkin well at FGR, we put Toto on him rather than Pearson and it worked. Another positive that came out of yesterday was that Gowling looked a more than competent backup for Toto.

It doesn't matter who we play, they're one off games. Last season Halifax went into the play offs having won 9 of the last 11 and Cambridge went in having won about 2 of last 11 and Cmabridge won. 2 seasons ago we lost to Newport, we beat them 3-0 on the last day of the season.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Record over last 10 games and the play-offs?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.