BIGChris
April 29, 2015, 6:39am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from aldi_01

I would still think that each club, whoever it is will still receive tickets to sell themselves. This same argument was had when we went for the Trophy final and the paint pot in 08 and it was all right in the end...

Last seasons play off final tickets were only available through ticket master for Cambridge/ Newcastle fans.

The Conference claim there isn't enough time for clubs to sell them and clubs don't have capacity to do so. Again it is ripping off fans & the time is the same!

PS I can't believe some fans say they wouldn't go to watch their team as they don't like the stadium/food
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 55
Les Brechin
April 29, 2015, 7:13am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from BIGChris

Last seasons play off final tickets were only available through ticket master for Cambridge/ Newcastle fans.

The Conference claim there isn't enough time for clubs to sell them and clubs don't have capacity to do so. Again it is ripping off fans & the time is the same!

PS I can't believe some fans say they wouldn't go to watch their team as they don't like the stadium/food

I spoke to Steve Wraith and he has said that The Conference have told him that the club will not be allowed to sell tickets should we make the final and Ticketmaster will be the only way for fans to purchase tickets.

He was absolutely livid that they wont allow the club to sell tickets.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 55
ex-merseymariner
April 29, 2015, 7:46am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin

I spoke to Steve Wraith and he has said that The Conference have told him that the club will not be allowed to sell tickets should we make the final and Ticketmaster will be the only way for fans to purchase tickets.
He was absolutely livid that they wont allow the club to sell tickets.

If the part of the 'justification' is that clubs can't/won't sell the tickets in a 2 week lead in period to the final after the 2nd leg; then it says it all that it angers the club - they are obviously keen NOT to rip off the fans.

Also Ticketmaster have form; http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19940528&slug=1912870

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 55
heppy88
April 29, 2015, 7:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
But will the fans continue to buy tickets at inflated prices from these sites? Yes. So the rip off will continue, untill Football fans stick together and boycott matches, or the government step in. The chance of either of these is minimal.
Maybee the tide is turning with some Liverpool supporters boycotting the Liverpool match last night due to the inflated away ticket prices.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 55
SpudUDontLike
April 29, 2015, 7:57am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
That Seattle Times article says it all. Business strangling the life out of anything people value for profit. I realise that's what business is but God, how depressing. We need to get promoted now, if only to cheer me up.

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 55
BIGChris
April 29, 2015, 10:13am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from heppy88
But will the fans continue to buy tickets at inflated prices from these sites? Yes. So the rip off will continue, untill Football fans stick together and boycott matches, or the government step in. The chance of either of these is minimal.
Maybee the tide is turning with some Liverpool supporters boycotting the Liverpool match last night due to the inflated away ticket prices.

I would fully support the actions of the Liverpool fans last night and would do the same for a 'run of the mill' league game.

The problem is the potential play off final is a huge game for fans, i couldnt see Liverpool fans boycotting a Champions League final (not like they are going to get the chance anytime soon!).

We are being used for supporting our team. They know it  but so do we
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 55
grimsby pete
April 29, 2015, 11:03am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,798
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from moosey_club
Really doubt i would be going anyway should we make it. The whole thing should be about an experience for the fans of teams who may not normally get an opportunity to visit Wembley, not a cash cow for the FA to recoup their losses along with every other barrow boy and public house in a ten mile radius to overcharge for everything they sell.
Not forgetting the rip off food and drink inside the stadium, cant buy chips on their own, you have to have a burger and chips to get chips IIRC... £7 for a slice of pizza... fck that.

I have been to all of Towns visits to Wembley and Cardiff,

Yet I have not spent a penny on food or drink there,

We take rolls and a drink with us from home,

AND

Consume them in the car park,

I suppose with the modern availability of fast foods,

Younger people do not do that.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 55
ginnywings
April 29, 2015, 11:05am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
I've stopped going to see bands at big arenas because of the rip off prices for tickets and drinks and i'm definitely not going to Wembley should we get there. I appreciate everyone is different and some will pay it whatever but sometimes you just have to say, enough is enough. Every season the game gets more and more beyond the working man. I can easily afford to go but i'd rather spend my money on a weekend somewhere less corporate and more in tune with reality.

Each to their own.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 55
arryarryarry
April 29, 2015, 1:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have been to all of Towns visits to Wembley and Cardiff,

Yet I have not spent a penny on food or drink there,

We take rolls and a drink with us from home,

AND

Consume them in the car park,

I suppose with the modern availability of fast foods,

Younger people do not do that.

I fully agree, not sure why people keep banging on about the prices inside of stadia, just don't buy anything.

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 55
GrimRob
April 29, 2015, 1:32pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
A fair chunk of that money ends up back in the BP coffers. We'll need it to fund a decent team for L2 if we get there.

If it comes to it rather than not going buy the match ticket and spend no money at all on any other merchandise inside the stadium (GTFC won't get any of that anyway). Take your own food and drink and buy flags/scarves etc from BP. You'll easily save the few quid extra.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play off Final ticket prices

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.