3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
May 22, 2015, 6:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360

All total guesswork! Cheltenham haven't been tipped because they probably don't have a squad yet, like everyone else. Nobody can tip (or condemn) anyone yet with any credibility.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
nightrider
May 22, 2015, 6:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I can!! I tip Cheltenham for the title....

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
Abdul19
May 22, 2015, 6:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,565
Gold Stars: 216
If we sign up some decent players I reckon we might come somewhere between top and 12th.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
LH
May 22, 2015, 8:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,535
Gold Stars: 173
What odds were Barnet for the title last season 16 to 20/1ish at a guess?
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
monkeyboy
May 22, 2015, 9:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
i will be happy in top 5.
I would like to go up as champs but play offs are the minimum target to achieve, again it will be tough.
This year has been the first time there has been more than one team still going for the title with a few games to go so proved it was more comptetive than ever.
Hope if we keep the squad together and get a couple of more creative players we could be the run away champs, but this very much depends on Hurst getting the right man and not just a work horse as we have seen in previous campaigns.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
BIGChris
May 22, 2015, 9:25pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Did Barnet have a real creative player? Nobody showed up in the 2 games against us and they were reliant upon Akinde.

Rovers didn't seem to be creative.

I think it was Ginnywings who posted about the most efficient, organised sides do well rather than any particular flair teams.

As many have stated we need to keep as much of the back 5 that finished the season in tact and find a striker but easier said than done.

Nobody on here is throwing up names ( I appreciate it isn't our 'job') and nobody stands out.

I hope PH is true to form in that he signs someone decent we haven't mentioned but to help the close season boredom here are a few suggestions;

For an experienced addition Aaron O'Connor released by Newport despite playing plenty of games in Lge 2 last season. Proven at this level but may be the 'wrong' age.

Youngster on loan if retained, is Irish youngster Sam Byrne at Everton and at the other end of the pyramid Aaron Williams who scored 30 odd goals for Rushall after previously been released by Walsall.

Brett Williams was suggested last year and bagged another 15 in a struggling side.

My own favourite if he would come is someone who is available but may cost a fee is Peterboroughs Kyle Vassell. Scored plenty for Bishops Storford and only 22.

Like I say, just something to waste some time as I don't play Football Manager
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
Mighty_Mariner
May 22, 2015, 9:36pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
I'd certainly go for Aaron O'Connor - he was the closest thing to Liam Hearn I've seen. If he can stay for he would score a hatfull at conference level. A fit O'Connor beside Lenny would be a lethal partnership!!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
monkeyboy
May 22, 2015, 9:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
no Chris you are right, none of the teams this year did not have the creative player i was on about.
For this reason i think if we do get that man then there is a chance we could win this league with a lot left in the tank. we do have a really good core to the team and im in no doubts we will see top 5 again, it might just take that 1 man to take us to run away champs!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
chaos33
May 22, 2015, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I'd rather go for Brett Williams than O'Connor.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
StaffsMariner
May 22, 2015, 9:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
"it might just take that 1 man to take us to run away champs"
That would be handy as we only have 1 man so far. hearts full of hope we sign at least 10 more tho.
way too early to guess whos gonna win yet and the bookies should give us there guesses in a couple of weeks i expect. i work for Coral and we wont have any for a while.
how rich is the guy at barrow? didnt they sign ched evans?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next Season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.