Reply: 40 - 60
TownSNAFU5
May 29, 2015, 6:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,903
Gold Stars: 42
Magnay and Toto may be undecided.  This implies that they both could sign for other clubs.

Without knowing their personal circumstances,  I would like to think they are likely to sign, but have not done so yet.  Most of the other players have only re-signed in the last few days.

The other scenerio as top players last season, they will sign but want a better financial package.  

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 60
northbankmariner
May 29, 2015, 6:23pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525

All these players commiting early to another year with town is great news. The importance of starting the season with a team that knows it's own strengths and weaknesses, has a sense of togetherness and it seems an affinity with the fans and the manager can only be of benefit for next season.
For the first time ever I think I am going to buy a season ticket. If the board, manager and players can commit themselves to town then maybe I should show a similar commitment. Like everyone at the club and all us supporters all we are crying out for is effort from the players and a little bit of success every now and again. This squad has shown this in abundance so far, and long may it continue. Haven't been this happy or optimistic about town for a very long time.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 60
RichMariner
May 29, 2015, 6:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,160
Gold Stars: 211
I think Toto has been on holiday so that was always going to go quiet for a bit - at least until he returns.

Maybe he's seen that his mate Scott Brown has signed up for another season, and that if he were to go to another club he'd demand a fee (perhaps one that other clubs will be unwilling to pay).

Therefore he should sign up with us again!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 43 - 60
MeanwoodMariner
May 29, 2015, 7:20pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Hurst's interview confirms that Pearson has turned down more money elsewhere to stay with Town. I'm am actually in love with him now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 60
nightrider
May 29, 2015, 7:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Great news!!
I feel abit for Shaun though, 3.5k is a lot of money to turn down.
Still, It shows he's a loyal servant

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 60
heppy88
May 29, 2015, 10:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
On the back of these signings my dad told me he wants a season ticket for next season! He only started watching town again this season after a 40 year break. So one extra season ticket sold. How many more fans are thinking and doing the same?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 60
MrsMariner
May 29, 2015, 10:14pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +449
Gold Stars: 1
Yes two new season tickets here first time for several seasons
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 60
northbankmariner
May 29, 2015, 10:22pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Very very pleased Pearson has signed, he was part of a successfull pairing with toto last season. Then gowling was signed for the last few games and toto had to move to right back as magnay covered robertsons injury at left back.
Thing is, now gowling has signed a permanent deal does hirst still see toto as the recognised first choice center back he was most of last season. If he doesn't why would toto sign to only be on the bench when he absolutely wants to be playing and before he signs a contract with town or any other interested club he would be requesting assurances of guarenteed game time. If hirst cannot offer that then he will be off I am sure of it .

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 60
BIGChris
May 29, 2015, 10:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Nobody is guaranteed a starting place and nor should they be. Every selection has to be earnt be it initially be by attitude in training and pre season and then by performances.
Last season was built on a squad not by individuals being first choice and this coming season will be no different.

11 players won't win the league, 20+ will
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pearson CONFIRMED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.