July 23, 2015, 2:33pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
I just voted for Jezza as he makes me smile
I cant wait for him to be leader of the latest laughing stock Labour front bench
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 59
Maringer
July 23, 2015, 3:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,541
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from grimps
I just voted for Jezza as he makes me smile
I cant wait for him to be leader of the latest laughing stock Labour front bench

So you're admitting you're morally bankrupt, eh?

Wish I believed in karma.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 59
grimps
July 23, 2015, 9:35pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
So are the majority of the British public
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 59
Grim74
July 23, 2015, 10:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer

I apologise for being snippy earlier but I've become used to glib replies from you which don't respond to many of my points. You surely have to admit that it seems you are fishing around for figures which prove the cuts to benefits won't be as punishing as most of us think? I've not seen you actively defend them as yet or explain why they will be of benefit to the economy and the millions of people affected by them?!

I'm not fishing around at all but I am in favour of the cuts especially to the benefits, I have stated the cuts are to deep especially the working tax credits for single parents this is wrong in my opinion its the aid budget that needs slashing more than anything but it's not going to happen you win some you lose some.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 59
Grim74
July 23, 2015, 10:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer

This completely ignores the fact that there simply aren't all that many jobs out there.

http://www.cipd.co.uk/pm/peopl.....-finds-analysis.aspx

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 59
Teestogreen
July 23, 2015, 10:39pm

Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Grim74

I'm not fishing around at all but I am in favour of the cuts especially to the benefits, I have stated the cuts are to deep especially the working tax credits for single parents this is wrong in my opinion its the aid budget that needs slashing more than anything but it's not going to happen you win some you lose some.

I agree with this - this country keeps, arbitrarily, giving it's money to overseas causes (which usually are outside the control of this country), when it struggles to look after its own interests properly.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 59
ginnywings
July 24, 2015, 8:11am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
We can quite easily afford the aid budget and we can also afford the welfare payments. We are the 6th richest nation on earth after all. We just have a government who choose to redistribute wealth to the top and demonise the poor and needy. In fact, we wouldn't have any poor and needy citizens if the government were not so divisive.

Have a look at how much tax avoidance goes on if you want to know how the government can balance the books. The cabinet is full of the very wealthy. They only know greed and corruption.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 59
Chrisblor
July 24, 2015, 11:23am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,856
Gold Stars: 235
The government's spending £93 billion a year on corporate welfare / tax breaks / subsidies to businesses (http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jul/07/corporate-welfare-a-93bn-handshake), but you never hear any calls from these prejudiced bigots to cut down on that budget, or take bigger steps to clamp down on tax avoidance, do you? It's always these supposed 'scroungers' who are to blame.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 59
codcheeky
July 27, 2015, 4:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Corbyn always answers a question when asked this is very refreshing even if you don`t agree with everything he says, politics has been so corrupted by spin and fear of saying the wrong thing that he will get my vote, politics shouldn`t be about worrying what might be popular with the press and spin doctors but,wanting to stand up for policies you believe in.  At least there will be a difference and serious debate if Corbyn is in charge  
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 59
ginnywings
July 29, 2015, 10:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from codcheeky
Corbyn always answers a question when asked this is very refreshing even if you don`t agree with everything he says, politics has been so corrupted by spin and fear of saying the wrong thing that he will get my vote, politics shouldn`t be about worrying what might be popular with the press and spin doctors but,wanting to stand up for policies you believe in.  At least there will be a difference and serious debate if Corbyn is in charge  

Exactly. Stand or fall by what you believe in, not what you think is popular and will get votes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Labour leadership

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.