This thread currently has 17,441 views. Print
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
June 16, 2015, 8:07pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,208
Gold Stars: 102
So with the Women's World Cup in full flow and Hope Powell a distant memory. Are there any players who could cut it in the fifth division of the men's game and if so would you want her at Town?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
jamesgtfc
June 16, 2015, 8:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Interestingly, on the topic of the women's game, what are the rules regards women competing in the mens game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 130
mariner2000
June 16, 2015, 8:15pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
mmm defo not the goalies, some of those germans are bloody scarey!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 2 - 130
Theimperialcoroner
June 16, 2015, 8:19pm

Quoted from jamesgtfc
Interestingly, on the topic of the women's game, what are the rules regards women competing in the mens game?

I'd have thought you would not be able to discriminate. However I'd bet there'd be loads of "pressure" for it not to happen.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 130
Madeleymariner
June 16, 2015, 8:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,052
Gold Stars: 49
I'm pretty sure there are FA rules about it, as schools often have mixed teams but at a certain age (9 I think) then it has to be girls or boys only.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 130
Teesknees
June 16, 2015, 8:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
I have wondered a lot about the England's woman's football team.... oooh matron!

But if they were placed in a league would they find their level in the Conference? Ryman's or below?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 130
Theimperialcoroner
June 16, 2015, 8:57pm

Quoted from Teesknees
I have wondered a lot about the England's woman's football team.... oooh matron!

But if they were placed in a league would they find their level in the Conference? Ryman's or below?

I reffed a lot of woman's premier league just as it was starting out and it was terrible, but these are the best in the world so I'm interested to see how it's progressed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 130
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 16, 2015, 9:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
So with the Women's World Cup in full flow and Hope Powell a distant memory. Are there any players who could cut it in the fifth division of the men's game and if so would you want her at Town?

To be perfectly honest I couldn't name one woman footballer let alone say if they could cut it in Div 5.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 130
jamesgtfc
June 16, 2015, 10:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

I'd have thought you would not be able to discriminate. However I'd bet there'd be loads of "pressure" for it not to happen.

Surely, under those rules men can play in the womens game as it discriminates. Feminists moan about equal rights but when it's the other way round...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 130
MeanwoodMariner
June 16, 2015, 10:25pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
There are some decent women players but they are a million miles away from the level of the men's professional game. The difference in physical attributes - pace, height, strength - just mean it's not a fair comparison. The best female player of all time would not get in to an average local semi-pro side. If that sounds like an insult then it means you haven't considered how good you have to be get in to an average semi-pro side!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 130
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Women's World Cup

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.