Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another fund raising idea?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 173 Guests

Another fund raising idea?

This thread currently has 1,535 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
June 28, 2015, 9:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
A number of you will be aware that I support a Scottish non league side, Auchinleck Talbot. Two years ago they asked me if I would consider trying to raise money for them by selling any donated items to help finance the regeneration of our ground to bring it up to SFL Bronze Level, which would automatically guaranatee us entry into the senior Scottish Cup - something which would be a major cash boost to us every season.

I stared doing this two years ago and used the club forum to ask if anybody had any programmes or memorabilia that they would consider donating for this cause. The response has been absolutely phenomenal and I have now raised over £5,500 for the club to date. That's all on crowds of around the 500-600 mark, so surely if somebody had the time, the wherewithal, and the space it could be done for the Mariners as well? Would be willing to advise on setting it up and how to best go about raising interest in the scheme, and then getting the money in.

If we can raise over £5k in 2 years on crowds of 500 ish the potential for Grimsby doing something even bigger and better has to be enormous?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
June 28, 2015, 10:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
So the idea is....donate your  Town memorabilia to be sold yeah?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
jock dock tower
June 29, 2015, 10:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Absolutely, things like old replica tops can go for daft money on ebay. Town are a very collectable club in terms of programmes. Prices realised at auction for vintage Town stuff usually outstrip the likes of Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man City etc. There's a huge market out there and numerous Town fans willing to part with good money. I used to run the Programme Shop at BP in the late 80's / early 90's with a couple of mates (now deceased) - where the club shop is now - and we nurtured a good number of collectors there over the years who still buy stuff now. Potential's enormous, especially if there's a shop facility made available at BP somewhere on matchday for home and away fans.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
chaos33
June 29, 2015, 11:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Ok nice one. I might have quite a bit of stuff. I've got some training kit and waterproofs. I'll see what I can put together and will gladly donate it.

Cheers to the two people who gave the negatives.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
jock dock tower
June 30, 2015, 12:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Chaos, it's not me that will be doing it though someone at the club would need to be up for it, possibly the Trust? I'm 250 miles away, but in terms of money spinning it can't fail - everything donated so no financial outlay. Barralad?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another fund raising idea?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.