Rick12
July 5, 2015, 8:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Les Brechin
Paddy training with Gateshead I heard. Not heard anything on the other 2 though.
At this level it can be tough. Players have no financial stability and are constantly chasing 1 or 2 year deals eg in effect  treading water .If I had a boy who was good enough to play at this level would prefer it if he had a solid career and done something like this on the side.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
Mighty_Mariner
July 10, 2015, 1:32pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,241
Gold Stars: 10
Paddy has signed for Gateshead on a one year deal! Decent signing for them!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
Maringer
July 10, 2015, 1:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,647
Gold Stars: 189
Probably do OK for them if they continue with their tippy-tappy style of play but will need some acting lessons if he's going to fit in with the less laudable side of their game.

Must take a bit of practice to be able to leap into the air roll over three times then writhe around in feigned agony when the opposition players don't do more than looking at you sideways.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
GrimRob
July 10, 2015, 3:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from jonnyboy82
We might as well had donated the money to charity to what was spent on Hamish Watson's wages.

Not necessarily his mere presence might have made his rivals in the squad work harder. Most people would work harder if someone joins their workplace who could potentially replace them. I guess that's why manager-speak these days tends to revolve around The Group, i.e. the extended squad including those who didn't play.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 14
Abdul19
July 10, 2015, 3:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
For me the group is important for this moment.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hamish Watson, Paddy, Bignot

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.