Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Introduction.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 191 Guests

Introduction.

This thread currently has 6,368 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
BIGChris
August 28, 2015, 1:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from psgmariner

That's one of the financial advantages of out of town grounds like Peakes Parkway and Great Coates. You have to spend at the ground if you want food or drink.
The fact The Imp has closed should be good news for the club as you would expect more people to drink at the ground. The Trust bar has improved massively in recent times but I wonder if there is any more potential? Can those who drank at The Imp pre game be catered for?

We have had this conversation before. For me Peakes Parkway is not out of Town, walking distance for many and around a mile from the Town Hall.

I agree that Great Coates would have been very much an out of town location and I for one are very pleased that it didnt materialise
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
grimsby pete
August 28, 2015, 2:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,828
Gold Stars: 222
I also love Blundell Park and have been going for 60 years,

BUT

I also understand we need to move,

The new ground will need plenty of bars and a fish + chip shop,

Then the club will make a fortune.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
mariner tommy
August 28, 2015, 3:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from BIGChris

We have had this conversation before. For me Peakes Parkway is not out of Town, walking distance for many and around a mile from the Town Hall.

I agree that Great Coates would have been very much an out of town location and I for one are very pleased that it didnt materialise

It is for me, less than a mile from home.
Yes please

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
GasGrim
August 28, 2015, 5:58pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +174
I'm glad I'm not on my own when championing history, tradition and sentiment. It's probably down to age, which lends itself and shows appreciation for maturity. I wonder if this is a common trait amongst football fans? There is no doubt, many form an emotional bond with their club and where they belong.

I'm not adverse to change. Far from it. And if collectively, we as both clubs move to more modern grounds and it brings in fresh vitality within community with youth supporting their local club - being it on!

Unfortunately, I think that may be by product of a more elaborate plan. To make tons of money and change the ergonomics of a paying public.

But ho hum, too deep for me.....one eye will be on your match tomorrow. Bloody come on and beat Lincoln.....please.....maybe a nice place to visit as tourist but some godawful folk who wanna stab people is what I remember on visit there 2007..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
HertsGTFC
August 28, 2015, 8:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GasGrim
Hello, guys/gals, thought I would introduce myself.

After much respect earned by yourselves at Wembley, i made a pact to keep a (favourable) eye on your results and maybe even pop along to a game or two to cheer you on.

I am a Bristol Rovers fan.

So local away games at Cheltenham, FGR, Torquay etc seem to be later in the season.

I wanted to let the dust settle and get new season up and running before exposing myself (oooooeeer).

I'm so glad Monkey (adie monkhouse) has joined you and made a positive start, how do most of you guys rate his form?

I hope this post receives constructive response. It is genuine. Apologies in advance if this is deemed in any way inappropriate, it's not meant to be.

Good luck in this coming season, i really truly hope you get back where we belong - in the league - and compete at a level worthy of your tradition and heritage.

Walking in a Disley wonderland.. UTG/M

Great to hear ............ And yes if you want to join us with an inflatable versus FGR away your welcome but I reckon that like when you went to their place last year they will give us a tiny allocation and one that will be snapped up by season ticket holders.

Got a close colleague who is a massive Gas Head (home & away) and he and others echo some really good respect for us so fair play............. As long as you finish higher than Barnet I'll be happy as I hate those to$$ers!.        

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
Les Brechin
August 28, 2015, 9:06pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
A lot has been said about Bristol Rovers being the first team to bounce back at the first attempt for 10 years.

Now, I might be wrong, but I don't think that any team has ever gone up from the Conference and come straight back down the following season,

I wonder if Barnet will be the first, they haven't made the best of starts.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
GasGrim
August 28, 2015, 9:46pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +174
Phewwwwww, lesB....you had me sweating with your predictions for a minute!! Hey, it's a good call statisticwise....many clubs yo yo between divisions above us, so why not our two ??

Thankyou, herts. I hope to make a game or two. I'm not fussed about inflatables, but it's become a sticking point with fgr. Be careful, folk read this and last thing you want is organised pacified mocking protest go down the pan by over zealous officials.

Ask anyone over age of 30 here about Shrewsbury and Weetabix!

Hey herts, your close colleague and others sound good wholesome decent folk... Hope the bond gets stronger
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Introduction.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.