Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › For crying out loud!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 218 Guests

For crying out loud!

This thread currently has 5,674 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
August 30, 2015, 12:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,003
Gold Stars: 83
Not many teams at this level stay loyal to the manager like we have obviously very early but can't see FGR losing many games this season so already uphill battle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
oldun
August 30, 2015, 9:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Not many teams at this level stay loyal to the manager like we have obviously very early but can't see FGR losing many games this season so already uphill battle

Why can't you see them losing games. They will be just as likely as anyone to have some bad luck, off days, decisions against them, injuries, loss of form, winter conditions. Plenty of reasons why they will drop points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
mariner91
August 30, 2015, 10:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

They'll start dropping points in a few weeks when their players have become anaemic from their enforced veggie diet  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
rancido
August 30, 2015, 10:15am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,607
Gold Stars: 96
I think I'm right in saying we already have more points than at the same stage last season. Admittedly we are playing catch up but it is very silly to predict that the teams above us and at the top won't drop points. Once we got into our stride last season we became real contenders and it was only two or three disappointing results in the last third of the season that set us back. Yesterdays shows that the squad have true battling qualities .  It takes real character to go a goal down, be reduced to 10 men and still come back with a point away from home in a derby match. I'm confident that we will achieve our goal of promotion this season but there will be set-backs, we just need to ride these out and keep the faith. UTM

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
ginnywings
August 30, 2015, 10:46am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,152
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from rancido
I think I'm right in saying we already have more points than at the same stage last season. Admittedly we are playing catch up but it is very silly to predict that the teams above us and at the top won't drop points. Once we got into our stride last season we became real contenders and it was only two or three disappointing results in the last third of the season that set us back. Yesterdays shows that the squad have true battling qualities .  It takes real character to go a goal down, be reduced to 10 men and still come back with a point away from home in a derby match. I'm confident that we will achieve our goal of promotion this season but there will be set-backs, we just need to ride these out and keep the faith. UTM

Exactly the same. W2 D3 L1.

We scored 13 goals last season on August bank holiday and we were going to storm the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
chaos33
August 30, 2015, 10:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,964
Gold Stars: 360
Interesting.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
ginnywings
August 30, 2015, 10:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,152
Gold Stars: 548
Our 6th game last season was away at Aldershot. We dominated the first 30 mins before Lenny was sent off and we lost 2-1. Sounds familiar.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
cmackenzie4
August 30, 2015, 12:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from oldun

Why can't you see them losing games. They will be just as likely as anyone to have some bad luck, off days, decisions against them, injuries, loss of form, winter conditions. Plenty of reasons why they will drop points.

Totally agree with this,  I don't think it's time to panic at all l, I've been to 4 out of the 6 we've played so far and yes we should have maybe won them all but from the football I've witnessed we have nothing to worry about, we just need to get the settled side and stop making the silly mistakes (lapses in defence) and we'll be fine, I'd rather get them ironed out now in the season, a win tomorrow and we'll be ok, we have to keep the faith.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
grimsby pete
August 30, 2015, 12:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings
Our 6th game last season was away at Aldershot. We dominated the first 30 mins before Lenny was sent off and we lost 2-1. Sounds familiar.

But we did not lose yesterday Ginny,

So that's an improvement,

Keep the faith.!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
Garth
August 30, 2015, 2:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I think if you took a straw poll on here there would be quite a few who would go with that option

Imho there is no manager guaranteed to deliver automatic promotion but some out there seem to think there is...just wonder who it may be?

Regarding sack the manager and straw poll results, am I dreaming but a packed stand of Grimsby  supporters stood as one and clapped and cheered the manager when he came over after the match to applaud our support, {first time he`s done that I think} obviously for the sake of bias they would have to be omitted from any straw poll

Spin it how you like yesterday was a moral victory for the Town, pity Disleys half volley was saved by their MOM Farman we deserved all three points, lets start an unbeaten run going tomorrow and see where it takes us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › For crying out loud!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.