2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Posh Harry
September 4, 2015, 1:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,361
Gold Stars: 35
Hi all. This is my first time posting so please go easy on my (at least for a while).

Tomorrow is my 1st game of the season and I am as excited as a kid on Christmas morning. I have been singing towns songs to my kids all morning. They are not really old enough to understand why I want to destroy Lincoln, but they enjoyed clapping along to the fish chant! I could of posted this in the borehamwood roll call but I wanted to say more, I guess more of a call to 'arms' if you like.

I only get to 2 or 3 games a season due to family and (apart from Wembley) my last game was away to Barnet. I took a number of non town fans with me that day and they were really impressed by our fans and the atmosphere created, but it was more than that, you could tell that the players appreciated it and responded to it.

So that is my point. I Know they are professional footballers and it shouldn't matter about what the fans do or say, as they should do it anyway, but as fans we can make a difference, and at the moment the team really need us. They need to know we still support them and believe in them. Those who have been to the games this season have virtually all said that that we have been the better team (apart from 1st half Torquay and parts of 2nd half against Macc). I felt at the start of the season that we would be champions (I have got several pints relying on it), I still have that belief. We obviously need to improve (the results) and quickly and tomorrow is the first opportunity. If we can do our bit and give our total, vocal and 100% positive support for 90 minutes then we can do no more, and if the players give 100% we can ask no more. At least we can walk away saying we did our bit.

On another thread, Mariner Timskey has called for us to chant our support to Macca. He is spot on. Macca, the same as the rest of the team, is struggling right now. He knows it and he has admitted it, we know it, and he knows we know it. So how does it make him feel if he walks out to us chanting his name? He feels appreciated, loved and he may well respond to that with the type of performance that we all know he is capable of. When someone shows their appreciation, as an individual you feel a lot better than someone slagging you off, fact, so let's do our bit.

It has been a poorer start to the season than anyone wanted but we can still do this, but like operation promotion, we need to pull together now and do OUR bit. It CAN make a difference.

We are fantastic fans and I have loved the club sine my first game V Sheff Utd in 1980. The Team currently needs us, I for one don't aim to let them down.

WE ARE TOWN. WE ARE THE MARINERS. Let's make sure people know it.

See you at the Hart and Spool. I will be the tall fat bloke with glasses stood next to a short bloke with me so say hello if you get the chance.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
FishOutOfWater
September 4, 2015, 1:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Good first post... might just be a bit too positive for some but I like it!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 15
mariner91
September 4, 2015, 1:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261
Great first post and I echo the sentiments completely. Games are far more enjoyable when we're creating the sort of atmosphere that we're capable of and the other upside is that it spurs the team on no end. Sing your hearts out tomorrow if you're attending. I fully intend to leave with no voice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
psgmariner
September 4, 2015, 1:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Yep, good post that.

For all the grumbling on here (a lot of it from me!) I hope every get's fully behind them for the whole game tomorrow. It must make a difference and these marginal gains could well be important come the end of the season.

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
MuddyWaters
September 4, 2015, 2:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Very good post.

Just one observation - it is and has been for a long time, easier to get behind the team at away games. Everyone is generally in one area, those that want to get in behind the goal, make more noise etc. Question is, could this be organised for home games to avoid the lull that inevitably happens when we don't score early. I guess it's natural for the team to go a bit flat when the crowd goes flat - any thoughts?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
arryarryarry
September 4, 2015, 2:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Posh Harry
I will be the tall fat bloke with glasses stood next to a short bloke with me so say hello if you get the chance.

UTM

You're not our new loan striker and your mate new loan goalkeeper by any chance?

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
grimsby pete
September 4, 2015, 2:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Town fans at away games are the best in the country,

We always get behind the lads,

Its the home games we have trouble with,

Unless we are 2 up in 10 mins.

Anyway welcome to the Fishy.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
Posh Harry
September 4, 2015, 2:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,361
Gold Stars: 35
Thanks for the comments and the welcomes! I know the away games are better atmosphere but with the recent run and the waive of negativity on the fishy this week, I think it is important that we get behind them and stick behind them for the full 90 mins even if we go behind as atmospheres can soon change and if people are jumping on the negativity bandwagon then it could affect things.

This is not having a go at the people who place negative comments as a lot of them are valid (whether they are expressed in the right way or not is open for debate) but the word siege mentally has been used by PH in the GET and I think the fans need this as well tomorrow, no matter what the score or circumstances as long as we see the team giving their all then let's do the same (even I would struggle with that statement at 5-0 down with no one trying!)

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
arryarryarry
September 4, 2015, 3:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from grimsby pete
Town fans at away games are the best in the country,

We always get behind the lads,

Its the home games we have trouble with,

Unless we are 2 up in 10 mins.

Anyway welcome to the Fishy.

Whilst that may be true Pete, although I am sure some other clubs fans may disagree, many away Town fans are not prepared to accept any old crap, the games away at Braintree and FC Halifax to name but two.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
ginnywings
September 4, 2015, 6:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
FGR have no fans. Just saying like.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › For those going tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.