2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
October 6, 2015, 5:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Seems to be coming in for hordes of stick on here lately simply because he supports Paul Hurst? Whilst I don't agree with his high regard for Hurst personally I think the lack of discontent on the terraces suggests the overwhelming silent majority agree with barralad? I always enjoy reading barra`s posts usually very well balanced gives a good account in an argument without resorting to childish name calling and usually sensible enough to avoid posting on here til the day after a Town game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
jonnyboy82
October 6, 2015, 5:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I am sure he is big enough to stick up for himself.

He certainly has no problem in giving it out.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
MuddyWaters
October 6, 2015, 5:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,271
Gold Stars: 236
I think that there are various posters with varying opinions who appear to be singled out from time to time. Just because you a different belief or opinion doesn't make you any more or less of a fan of GTFC - we all share the same passion.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
headingly_mariner
October 6, 2015, 5:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,377
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Seems to be coming in for hordes of stick on here lately simply because he supports Paul Hurst? Whilst I don't agree with his high regard for Hurst personally I think the lack of discontent on the terraces suggests the overwhelming silent majority agree with barralad? I always enjoy reading barra`s posts usually very well balanced gives a good account in an argument without resorting to childish name calling and usually sensible enough to avoid posting on here til the day after a Town game.

I would tend to agree with you that those on the terraces in the main don't see us being in a drastic position and negativity towards the team and management is at a low compared with recent years. On here it's more of a who shouts loudest and most often kind of thing. Have to say Barralad makes some real balanced comments on games and it's clear that he is actually at an awful lot of the games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
1mickylyons
October 6, 2015, 5:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Just surprised he seems to be getting it from all quarters always found him one of the better posters when giving his view on the match very balanced.Loves an argument though so probably upset a few and I have missed that post?Give him hell johnnyboy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
Garth
October 6, 2015, 5:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,924
Gold Stars: 26
He's not the mesia, he's just a naughty boy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
cardiffmariner
October 6, 2015, 5:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
They're certainly thoughtful and well argued but I'm not sure they're balanced. They are coloured by the same entrenched position that afflicts the opposing posts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
Caesar
October 6, 2015, 5:59pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from 1mickylyons

This is not very scientific but I think this seems to be fairly true.  Based on the stuff I have overheard and the people I have chatted to at the games I have been to this season I think there is actually a lot of support for Hurst, though this could be completely wrong and I have just an odd sample of people.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
ginnywings
October 6, 2015, 6:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I'm also not a big fan of Hurst but over 5000 at BP on Saturday suggests that he is far from universally disliked. I was quite surprised at the gate and we didn't always get that many in the Championship.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
ginnywings
October 6, 2015, 6:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Oh! nearly forgot. Barra is an excellent poster despite his happy clappiness.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
barralad
October 6, 2015, 6:35pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Ah my own thread. Whilst I appreciate the sentiments in the O.P. and thank him for them, it really isn't necessary. I honestly don't care very much about any stick. (I stood for the Council for Labour in Park Ward on a pro-new stadium ticket FFS)  As Johnny said (N.B. This is the first and probably only time I shall agree with a single word he says) I think I'm capable of giving it back in equal measure. I'd rather not but hey ho it's a freedom of expression messageboard. I've enjoyed a lot of debates on here with the likes of RRFC, Ginny,  and despite the odd spat Codger I try not to get personal as I've always believed that once you do that the argument is lost. I've said some things on here that on reflection I wish I hadn't but overall I believe in fairness and in my view (and I'm prepared to accept logical opposition) the criticism of Hurst in some quarters is the action of internet bullies who go way beyond the boundaries of decency. I simply cannot equate that sort of thing with getting behind the team. I think it's sad that the Fishy has gone down this line but I don't own it. I could just do what countless other posters have done and stop posting but I enjoy the fray too much. Sorry to disappoint you sausage boy.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
grimsby pete
October 6, 2015, 6:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
I do know Ian ( Barralad ) and often have a laugh  on here with him,

We do disagree a bit about certain things,

BUT

I still regard him as a friend.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
barralad
October 6, 2015, 6:37pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I am sure he is big enough to stick up for himself.

He certainly has no problem in giving it out.

Put your toys back in the pram dear...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
jonnyboy82
October 6, 2015, 6:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from barralad

Put your toys back in the pram dear...

Told ya  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › barralad

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.