15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
October 10, 2015, 10:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
No maringer read what i put again ,if he takes us up he deserves his chance to have a go in league 2.

But imo it wont happen because he hasnt got what it takes to take us up.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 149
gaz57
October 11, 2015, 12:02am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
His decision making is like playing Russian roulette with our promotion chances and so far this season he seems to be more unpredictable than ever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 149
Maringer
October 11, 2015, 12:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,602
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from jonnyboy82
No maringer read what i put again ,if he takes us up he deserves his chance to have a go in league 2.

But imo it wont happen because he hasnt got what it takes to take us up.

Ah, I read it as a rhetorical question and thought you were just being a bit pithy. No worries.

Unbeaten in 9 is good, but too many draws, that's for sure. Fewer wins than any of the other teams in the top half of the table, though we should undoubtedly have won at least 2 or 3 of those games. Should isn't quite good enough at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 149
ginnywings
October 11, 2015, 8:12am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer

Ah, I read it as a rhetorical question and thought you were just being a bit pithy. No worries.

Unbeaten in 9 is good, but too many draws, that's for sure. Fewer wins than any of the other teams in the top half of the table, though we should undoubtedly have won at least 2 or 3 of those games. Should isn't quite good enough at the moment.

Hurst's tenure in a nutshell.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 149
jonnyboy82
October 11, 2015, 9:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
You know what my mate said to me last night and i think he was spot on.

Hurst would be a cracking manager at say a macclesfield or a gateshead were the expectation isnt just quite there and the pressure is no way near what it is here.

I just dont think he has the ingredient needed to take a club like ours up were the fans deserve and quite rightly expect more from his teams.

We sit seventh currently but you have to agree after operation promotion we all expected more , not that paul would ever admit that.

This clubs fans and chairman who isnt really chairman has stuck by him year on year , its now his time to deliver but sadly i just dont ever think he will as he aint got that extra bit of something needed.

There has always been something missing, he has never clicked with the fans and his selections have always been quite strange at times..

he has always had a power struggle here like he has to show the fans he is the manager and its his way remember it started in his first few games with when our current top scorer at the time alan connell always subbed on about 70 mins then sometimes dropped.

He has always had an obsession in chopping and changing the strikers to show some kind of statement, strange because i think if he adapted he could be a decent manager just not at a big club like ours.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 149
Badger57
October 11, 2015, 9:39am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,914
Gold Stars: 30
He's defaulted back to his modus operandi of being hard to beat, dull as dishwater and one dimensional. Gone those halcyon early season days of free flowing, exciting football that provided goals galore but also the lack of solidity at the back. We know which he prefers,  I know which I prefer. He never was going to change, it's just his way. It's not the Grimsby Town way. He should have gone 2 years ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 149
Hagrid
October 11, 2015, 9:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,474
Gold Stars: 536
Everyone entitled to an opinion but truth of the matter is PH will not be sacked anytime soon, we are 9 unbeaten and still in touch with the top teams ( admittedly i feel we should be a lot closer). but fenty and the board have backed Hurst through tougher times than this and they will not get rid whilst we are in this position. We arent playing well and we arent winning enough but only when there isnt enough time left to catch the top- or we lose the PO's again- is the right time for Paul to go, However i would love to see him take us up, he may be stubborn and not everyones cup of tea, but he cares a lot about this club. big game tuesday for what should be a routine 3 points! We win and a couple around us lose and its looking rosier again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 149
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 11, 2015, 9:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I doubt if the board like the way things are going any more than the supporters do but I have to agree with Hagrid (for once ) that there is no way he will be dismissed as things stand.

However, that should not stop supporters from making comments about leopards and spots.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 149
HertsGTFC
October 11, 2015, 10:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,983
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from jonnyboy82
You know what my mate said to me last night and i think he was spot on.

Hurst would be a cracking manager at say a macclesfield or a gateshead were the expectation isnt just quite there and the pressure is no way near what it is here.

I just dont think he has the ingredient needed to take a club like ours up were the fans deserve and quite rightly expect more from his teams.

We sit seventh currently but you have to agree after operation promotion we all expected more , not that paul would ever admit that.

This clubs fans and chairman who isnt really chairman has stuck by him year on year , its now his time to deliver but sadly i just dont ever think he will as he aint got that extra bit of something needed.

There has always been something missing, he has never clicked with the fans and his selections have always been quite strange at times..

he has always had a power struggle here like he has to show the fans he is the manager and its his way remember it started in his first few games with when our current top scorer at the time alan connell always subbed on about 70 mins then sometimes dropped.

He has always had an obsession in chopping and changing the strikers to show some kind of statement, strange because i think if he adapted he could be a decent manager just not at a big club like ours.

He does not see what everyone else finds obvious, Podge and Omar should start when fit and we need to use the flanks by picking wide players and not "utility" players like Monkhouse. We where shocking going forward yesterday fecking clueless.......!

Said it all along he was a defender, his assistant manager was a defender and the physio was too, where's the attacking know how both in selection and tac tics.

The manager and board needs to realise that we have a high expectation level because we get good gates at home and take exceptional numbers away, the fans are passionate and at the very least expect the best side to be picked and they get the ball down and pass it usually the rest looks after itself.  

PH is not going anywhere soon but he needs to look at the table and feel embarrassed that the likes of Dover and Bromley are above and Lincoln just behind with a game in hand.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 149
cmackenzie4
October 11, 2015, 10:44am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
The gap at the top is getting bigger again, I watched FGR the other night and they look a good team and will be difficult to catch, we have to start turning these draws into wins.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 149
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Braintree (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.