5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
October 10, 2015, 11:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We have the fire power to out score any opposition in this league, we are too shackled and that is down to Hurst.

Too many draws for a team that is capable of so much more and we are were we are because of Hurst.  He is playing the long game but too many draws will see us in the play off's and not title contenders.

If Hurst is serious about getting us up as champions then he has to take the shackles off and play Bogle and Podge.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesusโ€™ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
jonnyboy82
October 10, 2015, 11:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Remember a few weeks ago when bogle and amond were sitting top of the goal scoring charts ๐Ÿ˜•..

Oh well.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
gaz57
October 11, 2015, 12:44am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Imagine being the person that is paying for 2 strikers that start scoring the the goals we need and the manager stops playing them. Then it gets another striker and carries on playing him even though he doesn't score and your paying for him as well. A fool and his money, what's his name again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
Maringer
October 11, 2015, 12:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,657
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Remember a few weeks ago when bogle and amond were sitting top of the goal scoring charts ๐Ÿ˜•..

Oh well.

Yep. We were two points from a play-off spot then. Now we're 1 point behind a play-off spot.

Still not good enough (at that rate of 'improvement', we'll run out of game before we get near challenging for the title!) but I don't quite get the whole theory that all we need to do is play Bogle and Amond together to win. We've only won 4 out of 9 of the games they started together. Obviously these results were not all down to them, but it's not as though they were firing us to victory every week when they were both starting!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
Mrs Doyle
October 11, 2015, 6:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Stop panicking, a point away to a in form club at this stage of the season is not the end of the world.

Yes, bloody disappointing and frustrating but you so often need a bit of luck, for instance a inch or so lower and Dis could have won the game that's the fine margin between ok and outright victory.

Lets just stay together and thrash fecking Halifax we are all peed off and want promotion non more than Hurst I'll bet.

UTM                See you all Tuesday.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
Calamarikid
October 11, 2015, 8:09am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -395
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Sounded like it anyway - preparing for the 'good point' interview.

Another negative post from a moaning twit who yet again didn't go to the game. Its you who are boring you sad twit.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
ginnywings
October 11, 2015, 8:17am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Calamarikid

Another negative post from a moaning twit who yet again didn't go to the game. Its you who are boring you sad twit.

Is there really any need?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
Calamarikid
October 11, 2015, 8:42am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -395
Quoted from ginnywings

Is there really any need?

Yes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
friskneymariner
October 11, 2015, 8:45am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Stop panicking, a point away to a in form club at this stage of the season is not the end of the world.

Yes, bloody disappointing and frustrating but you so often need a bit of luck, for instance a inch or so lower and Dis could have won the game that's the fine margin between ok and outright victory.

Lets just stay together and thrash fecking Halifax we are all peed off and want promotion non more than Hurst I'll bet.

UTM                See you all Tuesday.  

Its not the matter of only a point it was the performance and total lack of creativity,plus now the injuries.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
A Brace Of Tees
October 11, 2015, 10:10am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from RichMariner
It's a good point - if we beat Halifax.

If we don't, well, I think those fans who are already disgruntled with Hurst will get that little bit louder.

I'm a supporter of Hurst and I hope he gets it right (been hoping for a while now) but I think we can question his decision to play Tomlinson ahead of Bogle/Amond because it's a valid argument.

I would really like it if Hurst could just accept that this Tomlinson experiment hasn't worked. I think it's done more harm than good.

I understand his reasons for giving it a go, but we've now come to the point where we can pretty much all agree that it's failed.

Strikers work best in partnerships. Bogle and Amond is a partnership - and a really exciting one at that. I've been as disappointed as any fan to see that being benched.

I appreciate different players need managing differently, and some need a kick up the bottom, but I've seen enough to know that if you play Bogle and Amond, together, for every match, as long as they stay fit they'll score goals.

They're allowed to have the odd bad match. It happens to the best. I'm sure Clive had off days.

So come on Hurst, we're 16 games into the season. Our strikers shouldn't be playing like strangers. That's long enough for a partnership to establish. We shouldn't be starting this from scratch.

I hope the Halifax match sees the return on Bogle and Amond, and we win comfortably.

Unless your a Premiership or international team manager who all seem to play with a sole striker. Germany put 7 past Brazil then won the world cup with a sole striker. Don't have a strong opinion on this - just thought I'd bring you up to date with the modern game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boring

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.