3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
October 11, 2015, 12:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Cant sack him for not being in the top two, top five then yes.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
ROKERITE
October 11, 2015, 1:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Marinerz93

So far we have 6 wins, 8 draws and 2 defeats, turn just 2 of those draws into wins and we are joint 2nd on goal difference with Cheltenham.  Hurst is setting us up to cancel out the opposition and in doing so is shackling us with draws.

Oldham Athletic lost for only the third time this season in League One yesterday, but they are in a relegation spot. They've drawn eight and won just one.
With the attackers Grimsby Town have this season what is Hurst afraid of?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
Marinerz93
October 11, 2015, 1:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ROKERITE

Oldham Athletic lost for only the third time this season in League One yesterday, but they are in a relegation spot. They've drawn eight and won just one.
With the attackers Grimsby Town have this season what is Hurst afraid of?

He prefers to defend from the front and that's ok if the striker gets into position and scores, the reality is we have the fire power to out score anyone 'doing a Brasil' as it used to be called and that would create a defeat or two but attacking play, going out all guns would rally and excite the fans more and would get us more points than the current set up.

The bottom line is Hurst was a defender and he manages the team from that view.   He looks how he can cancel teams out rather than tear them apart.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
Bristol Mariner
October 11, 2015, 2:07pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
I must have been at a different match yesterday than everyone else. Bogle is not fit!

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
HertsGTFC
October 11, 2015, 3:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Cant sack him for not being in the top two, top five then yes.

Would be my view if I "signed the cheques" I think JF etc... will not do anything until the end of the season at best.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
Badger57
October 11, 2015, 3:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,914
Gold Stars: 30
We should of got rid 2 Christmases ago but we didn't. He's the most boring defensive one dimensional manager we've ever had in my lifetime and he bores me to distraction. He's reverted to type after a few bad results early this season where we were undone by a plethora of missed chances and the opposition scoring from a silly mistake at the back or a good finish by an opposition player. Sticking with that style of play things would have turned round and we would be stuffing teams left right and centre whilst conceding the odd goal now and again. Who cares if the other team scores 3 if we score 4? Instead he reverts to type, he drops his real strikers destroying their confidence and brings in a LJL hold up, run until he drops but can't even kick an empty bottle into the back of an empty net kind of player whilst stifling any kind of flowing attractive football.
And, the really sad thing is, even if he does fluke promotion via the playoffs (because there's not a chance in Hades of automatic promotion with Hurst "football") then I doubt he'd suddenly change his "style" to a more entertaining one.
Pah!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
Sir Matt Tease
October 11, 2015, 4:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +293
Gold Stars: 31
I noticed that we have not yet seen the final results of the "How would you feel if Hurst went to Rotherham" poll.

The last time I looked it had had around 450 votes 41% of which said they would be delighted if he went and 20 odd % did not give a toss !

It should worry the powers that be that over 60% of the fans would not be bothered if he left or was sacked.

Do the final figures not get published if the results do not suit the Fishy Police ?

Just asking...................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
TAGG
October 11, 2015, 5:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Badger57
We should of got rid 2 Christmases ago but we didn't. He's the most boring defensive one dimensional manager we've ever had in my lifetime and he bores me to distraction. He's reverted to type after a few bad results early this season where we were undone by a plethora of missed chances and the opposition scoring from a silly mistake at the back or a good finish by an opposition player. Sticking with that style of play things would have turned round and we would be stuffing teams left right and centre whilst conceding the odd goal now and again. Who cares if the other team scores 3 if we score 4? Instead he reverts to type, he drops his real strikers destroying their confidence and brings in a LJL hold up, run until he drops but can't even kick an empty bottle into the back of an empty net kind of player whilst stifling any kind of flowing attractive football.
And, the really sad thing is, even if he does fluke promotion via the playoffs (because there's not a chance in Hades of automatic promotion with Hurst "football") then I doubt he'd suddenly change his "style" to a more entertaining one.
Pah!

This 100%

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
GrimRob
October 11, 2015, 6:18pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,430
Gold Stars: 113
We can be second and 20 points off the top or 10th and 2 points off the top. We're completely at the mercy of how the other results pan out other than the 46 games we control. If FGR end up getting 120 points and we come secoond with something less than that you can't say the the manager has failed. We could get 100 points and still not get promoted in this division potentially.

So I think the question is meaningless.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 25
lukeo
October 11, 2015, 6:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,398
Gold Stars: 149
if we are further adrift than we are now from 1st place IF there is someone genuimely available who'd come here then I'd consider it. other than that see the season out and if we don't go up and didn't give it a good go then look elsewhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Position at Xmas

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.