10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
chicaneuk
November 23, 2015, 9:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
I hope to god we don't end up in the playoffs against them.. I'm not even a life long town fan, but I'm not sure I could handle the prospect of losing to Lincoln.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 91
grimsby pete
November 23, 2015, 9:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from moosey_club

Not for me, hope they rot in non league and ideally get relegated again. Very quick to gloat when we got relegated.

So you would rather Cheltenham went up and not go to their ground,

Than nip up the road with 2,000 other Mariners to see us beat our nearest neighbours ( in L2 )?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 91
mariner91
November 23, 2015, 10:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Had to chuckle at someone on Vital saying we're jealous of the "league's most lethal strike force". Last time I checked, Amond and Bogle between them had more goals than Rhead and Hearn. And they don't have to dive on the floor to get half their goals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 91
nightrider
November 23, 2015, 10:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
How many pens has Amond scored?

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 91
aldi_01
November 23, 2015, 11:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
A rather sensible Gimps fan at work made a valid point today; they're already playing at what he believes to be their full speed so to speak and he's fully aware that it's highly unlikely that they'll sustain it.

On the other hand he's convinced we haven't even got going yet, similarly for Cheltenham.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 91
Helgy
November 23, 2015, 11:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from aldi_01
A rather sensible Gimps fan at work made a valid point today; they're already playing at what he believes to be their full speed so to speak and he's fully aware that it's highly unlikely that they'll sustain it.

On the other hand he's convinced we haven't even got going yet, similarly for Cheltenham.

Playing at full speed nah against Torquay they were poor,in the 1st half we hit the bar twice, post once & had 2 goals disallowed.
Tranmere was a tough game but then again they didn't threaten our goal.
Whitehawk did us a favour recently bit of a wake up call.
Time will tell I suppose personally I am not getting carried away just enjoying it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 91
diehardmariner
November 24, 2015, 10:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,689
Gold Stars: 540
Can only go on what I saw in the game earlier in the season.  Based just on that Lincoln don't look anything like a team capable of reaching the top 5, as weak as this league is this season.

Leading at home against ten-men for over half of the game you would expect any side of quality to at least press on and destroy the opposition, not sit back and invite pressure.  Lincoln's inability to even keep the ball was the most telling story of the day.

That said it could have been an off day.  A lot of new players there, takes time to gel etc.  We've been there very recently and never has promotion been gained on one performance.  

I don't buy into this fierce rivalry crap.  It's something drummed up because we're leagues behind our traditional rivals.  Geographically they're our rivals but that's it, more like a distant cousin who you look out for and whilst not actually caring that much still like to see them do well.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the derby game spectacle and I think the interest it creates is brilliant.  It's just a poor replacement for the days when we loved giving the likes of Sheffield Wednesday bloody noses.

I'm looking forward to game between Xmas and New Year, but it's no different from the game before and after.  We need to win to gain the 3 points.  The bragging rights are secondary.  
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 91
A Brace Of Tees
November 24, 2015, 11:11am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Both clubs should continue to preserve their respective traditions so that everyone is comfortable and know where they stand:-
Grimsby needs to a) continue to run its finances in a relatively responsible way which means being one of the few professional clubs outside the premier league not to have entered into administration, b) continue to have a team which plays proper football by keeping the ball on the ground in an attractive pass and move style, c) continue to have the best set of fans outside the top 2 tiers.
Lincoln needs to a) continue to run its finances like a pound shop, b) continue to play an ugly, hoof it up the field, kick the excrement out of the opposition style of play, c) continue to have fans who wouldn't recognise a proper game of football if the players weren't wearing wellies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 91
November 24, 2015, 11:23am
Guest User
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees
Both clubs should continue to preserve their respective traditions so that everyone is comfortable and know where they stand:-
Grimsby needs to a) continue to run its finances in a relatively responsible way which means being one of the few professional clubs outside the premier league not to have entered into administration, b) continue to have a team which plays proper football by keeping the ball on the ground in an attractive pass and move style, c) continue to have the best set of fans outside the top 2 tiers.
Lincoln needs to a) continue to run its finances like a pound shop, b) continue to play an ugly, hoof it up the field, kick the excrement out of the opposition style of play, c) continue to have fans who wouldn't recognise a proper game of football if the players weren't wearing wellies.

Now that is what I call a quality post.

Reply: 48 - 91
November 24, 2015, 11:42am
Guest User
Quoted from Helgy

Playing at full speed nah against Torquay they were poor,in the 1st half we hit the bar twice, post once & had 2 goals disallowed.
Tranmere was a tough game but then again they didn't threaten our goal.
Whitehawk did us a favour recently bit of a wake up call.
Time will tell I suppose personally I am not getting carried away just enjoying it.

Helgy, I've just had a little look on your message-board. I find it odd that your supporters are debating the virtues of Rhead and Hearn over Amond and Bogle. Are they goals obsessed? They ought to consider defendig a bit too maybe. But seen as this seem's to be their fixation then I would offer you this.

Don't they realise that getting out of this blasted league is not about two players, but that in any event Amond and Bogle have scored more than your two?

Don't they realise that we also have two very good quality strikers as well as Amond and Bogle?

Don't they realise we have a number of wider players that are very comfortable if they are needed to play up front too?

Don't they realise that our squad has goals in it all over the place and is the most potent goal scoring outfit in the top six divisions, where we have scored a massive 11 goals more than Lincoln?

Helgy, you had better tell your lot not to pin their hopes all on Rhead and Hearn. You need to be able to find goals from all over the shop Helgy, because you can stake your mortgage on injuries, suspensions and dry patches from Hearn and Rhead.
Reply: 49 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GIMPS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.