Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from MidnightMariner

Is that the girl from scumthorpe kissing plan b ? 😂
UTM

very droll indeed sir no, actually she's a decent looking lass. That is Xiao Gui, one of Trev's three dog's, the others are a wee bit less pretty
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
ivanosandwich
December 2, 2015, 10:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
I work away from Grimsby all the time and was once working with a Portsmouth fan.

One day over a chat about football, we reached a conclusion that it is easy to remember people when they support unfashionable football clubs. For example, if he saw Grimsby on the TV or the Grimsby result, it would always remind him of me. Likewise when I see the Portsmouth result I remember him.

This never happens when people tell me they are fans of Man U etc.

I am currently working near Middlesborough with Boro, Newcastle and Hartlepool fans as well as one Spennymoor Town fan.

I will remember the Spennymoor fan, can't say I will remember the others though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
FishOutOfWater
December 2, 2015, 1:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ivanosandwich
I work away from Grimsby all the time and was once working with a Portsmouth fan.

One day over a chat about football, we reached a conclusion that it is easy to remember people when they support unfashionable football clubs. For example, if he saw Grimsby on the TV or the Grimsby result, it would always remind him of me. Likewise when I see the Portsmouth result I remember him.

This never happens when people tell me they are fans of Man U etc.

I am currently working near Middlesborough with Boro, Newcastle and Hartlepool fans as well as one Spennymoor Town fan.

I will remember the Spennymoor fan, can't say I will remember the others though.

I agree with that Ivano

I worked in MK for some years ( before the Franchise came about thankfully) so with it being a new town that people had moved to from all over the place, had friends who followed Northampton, Luton, Cambridge, Watford, Coventry etc ( and one who was a Scunny fan too) and it was great to be involved with some banter with them and even now, years later, we all still have that connection about not being fashionable together

Even those that had moved up from London to MK weren't too bad if they supported the likes of Palace, Charlton, QPR etc. It was always sweet going to work on a Monday after we'd been in the smoke over a weekend and had turned over some of those southern softies!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › small world

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.