forza ivano
February 13, 2016, 12:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,264
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pontoonlew

Point to where I've said he was excrement, I suggested he wasn't better than what we have. He may end up being, he may up not being.  I also suggested it was a risky signing at a vital point in the year, not that he was a poor player.

But getting on the 'look at me I was right about him' after TWO league games is absolutely ridiculous.

Nice try,but not good enough.sometimes you've just got to hold your hands up and admit that your constant negativity was wrong on this occasion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 89
pontoonlew
February 13, 2016, 12:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,079
Gold Stars: 178
Well no because the other part of my post which said about there being no denying Nolan can play a bit was conviniently left out of that wasn't it?

Nolan had an encouraging game on Tuesday long may it continue I'll judge the bloke after 10 games. I'd like every single Town player to do well and win us te league, we post on here for the same reasons. To debate the club we all want to see do well, having an opinion is not negative solely because it's different to your own. You can't come on here saying 'hey look you were wrong' not only because nothing would make me happier to be wrong (despite never questioning that he could play) but secondly because he's played two league games. You'd not want me to come on here and say 'hey look I was right' if he was shite in his 2 games (again didn't say he was shite) because that would be crazy, wouldn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 89
jonnyboy82
February 13, 2016, 7:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Qoute from a york fan.

"Well dont say we didnt warn you, and im surprised he could be arsed to pick up the pen to sign his contract"

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 89
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 13, 2016, 8:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,887
Gold Stars: 178
For me, hurst has this knack of getting the best out of mediocre players that clubs have released. We're not at a level where the best league players are falling over themselves to come sign for us, so yes sometimes we have to have the players released by others!

Maybe the comments that castigate players are from clubs where the managers couldn't actually man manage the players. As mentioned previously Nolan has been a revelation since coming on board, as too have clay and podge.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 89
Rick12
February 13, 2016, 9:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
5 years at Aldershot so must have a bit of something at lower level .Always feel that the the success of a pro footballer is measured on how long they have been at a club (apart from the obvious if there any good of rising up the football pyramid).Having said that when you see someone play live does makes a massive difference on getting a appreciation of what there like as a player over watching them on tv or clips of the internet.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 89
Garth
February 13, 2016, 9:13am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Rick12
5 years at Aldershot so must have a bit of something at lower level .Always feel that the the success of a pro footballer is measured on how long they have been at a club to name the obvious(apart from the obvious if there any good of rising up the football pyramid).Having said that when you see someone play live does makes a massive difference on getting a appreciation of what there like as a player over watching them on tv or clips of the internet.

Agreed video footage hardly ever shows a player`s bad bits however what you do see is for real and not a computer mock up, but a judgement can only made over time as the first few matches are needed for them to gel into a new team, really good players though are able to walk into any team any time and make a positive difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 89
Rick12
February 13, 2016, 9:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Garth

Agreed video footage hardly ever shows a player`s bad bits however what you do see is for real and not a computer mock up, but a judgement can only made over time as the first few matches are needed for them to gel into a new team, really good players though are able to walk into any team any time and make a positive difference.
And the other thing is consistency.Some might do it for a few games then tail off whereas others who have good mental resolve can produce consistency over a large share of the season.As Michael Owen once said 90% of football is in the head

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 89
Jarmo.Is.God
February 13, 2016, 10:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
York fans said Parslow & Fyfield was both good signings, look how they ended up...

Never trust a 'Yorkie'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 89
Barrattstander
February 13, 2016, 10:38am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +877
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
York fans said Parslow & Fyfield was both good signings, look how they ended up...

Never trust a 'Yorkie'

That'll be the same Daniel Parslow who's been an ever present this season for current leaders Cheltenham.

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 89
jonnyboy82
February 13, 2016, 11:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
And they said fyflid was excrement btw.

Lived up to expectations.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Straker signs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.