3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 6, 2019, 2:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I am always happy when we sign quality and not just signing to fill the squad on the cheap. I just hope this signing will be as people say, a replacement for possible leavers in the summer and not push Pollock down the pecking order next season, we need to be developing the likes of him.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
Jarmo.Is.God
January 6, 2019, 3:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Ring is an exciting signing on paper, same with this guy.

The only thing is some players do struggle in the English game, so hopefully they settle fine and do well for us in the future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
Maringer
January 6, 2019, 3:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Lest we forget, Jolley wanted to play with three at the back and wing-backs at the start of the season but we didn't really have the players to do so at the time. If this Swedish chap does join, perhaps we'll have the opportunity to try it out again? Ring at left wing-back and Hendrie or RHJ on the right?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
Jarmo.Is.God
January 6, 2019, 3:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Maringer
Lest we forget, Jolley wanted to play with three at the back and wing-backs at the start of the season but we didn't really have the players to do so at the time. If this Swedish chap does join, perhaps we'll have the opportunity to try it out again? Ring at left wing-back and Hendrie or RHJ on the right?

Hendrie and RHJ can play anywhere they want for me, them and Rose have been incredible pro's the last few games

Played against 3 top teams in Exeter, Mansfield and palace, and conceded 3 goals, all headers, and only 1 in open play not a set-peice, flipping hero's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
diehardmariner
January 7, 2019, 11:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
Another encouraging signing on paper.

Definitely looks to be one for next season and beyond, maybe some added bonus from this season too.

The way Hendrie and RHJ have played lately, both would be justified in feeling a little dejected when one of them has to revert back to the bench when everyone is fit again.  RHJ especially looks to me like he could be a very useful central defender, despite his lack of height.  I always feel his defensive game doesn't quite match his attacking game when he's at full-back, but his discipline and reading of the game in the middle has been flawless in recent games.  
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
ginnywings
January 7, 2019, 11:21am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I see RHJ as a wing back long term. He has played right mid in his career and scored 5 goals in 25 starts for Braintree. Think Bignot played him in that position when he went on loan to Chester. Hendrie is that utility player that every team needs and has already played left back, right back and centre back in his short time here. Has also played midfield previously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
Hagrid
January 7, 2019, 11:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,485
Gold Stars: 536
all of that back 4 at Palace were just outstanding
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
mariner91
January 7, 2019, 3:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from ginnywings
I see RHJ as a wing back long term. He has played right mid in his career and scored 5 goals in 25 starts for Braintree. Think Bignot played him in that position when he went on loan to Chester. Hendrie is that utility player that every team needs and has already played left back, right back and centre back in his short time here. Has also played midfield previously.

I would really like to see us sign Hendrie. I think he's excellent for this level and as you say can cover a number of positions.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
arryarryarry
January 7, 2019, 3:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Hagrid
all of that back 4 at Palace were just outstanding

I think for most of the second half that would be a back 8/9
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ludvig Öhman set to sign for Grimsby

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.