This thread currently has 10,924 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
RGS
April 7, 2019, 8:49pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +9
Bromley fan here

JJ has scored 18 goals in 22 games for us in all competitions. Do you think there is a much of a chance for him at Grimsby? would love him back next year. I always thought there was not that much difference in the two divisions. Surprised he hasn't cut it in your league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
April 7, 2019, 8:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
There is a real gap between these 2 Divisions we know that as since we came up opposition sides don’t boot 4 or 5 balls over our main stand per game any more .

But.... (Pete style)

I think Hooper is done at GTFC. There is a player in there and it looks like you’ve found him which is great for both parties if he signs for you.

Best of luck to the lad IMHO.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 62
TheRealJohnLewis
April 7, 2019, 9:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Something didn't click with JJ while he was here with us and the fans drained any ounce of confidence out of him, as he was 1st in line for grief when we didn't play well.  GTFC fans love to have someone in our team who they constantly diss regardless of their ability or output.

Glad to see him doing well, but I can't see why he would want to come back here.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 62
moosey_club
April 7, 2019, 9:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from RGS
Bromley fan here

JJ has scored 18 goals in 22 games for us in all competitions. Do you think there is a much of a chance for him at Grimsby? would love him back next year. I always thought there was not that much difference in the two divisions. Surprised he hasn't cut it in your league.

where do you play him and what system/ formation do you use ?

We largely had him on the left wing.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 62
Ipswin
April 7, 2019, 9:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
18 goals?

Blody hell he definitely wouldn't fit in at Blundell Park

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 62
sonofmadeleymariner
April 7, 2019, 9:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Keep him. He's not good enough for the football league his record speaks for itself. At Vale and with us, he's very much found his level in the non-league.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 62
FishOutOfWater
April 7, 2019, 9:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Without being disrespectful to the National League ( we know how competitive it can be ) there might be less pressure on JJ with Bromley than there was with us, battling relegation last season and being under pressure again at the start of this one?

You're mid-table and probably comfortable there, so maybe he can go out and fulfill his potential, whereas when he was with us there was maybe a greater need for him to perform and fan expectation is high with us. We badly need a goal scorer here but he wasn't really able to oblige

There were some good(ish) performances when he was with us but nothing consistent...maybe he was out of sorts just playing up in Grimsby ( not the first time players haven't settled locally ) but whatever it was, even though he wasn't quite able to cut it with us ( of which some of our made him well aware) I for one am pleased to see him doing well with Bromley

Good luck to him and to your team going forward
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 62
promotion plaice
April 7, 2019, 9:17pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

Can't do any worse than what we have got now.

After being poor at the start for us (especially winning headers) I actually didn't think he was that bad and improved for me in his time here.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 62
arryarryarry
April 7, 2019, 9:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Something didn't click with JJ while he was here with us and the fans drained any ounce of confidence out of him, as he was 1st in line for grief when we didn't play well.  GTFC fans love to have someone in our team who they constantly diss regardless of their ability or output.

Glad to see him doing well, but I can't see why he would want to come back here.

Absolute balderdash, he was gash for the vast majority of games here, he played most of them as if he couldn't be arsed and this was exactly how he played at Port Vale, you only had to read their forum.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 62
golfer
April 7, 2019, 9:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
If Bramley want anymore forwards give us a call-we will highly recommend them if you will take them off us. Obviously we will pay you for your services
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 62
promotion plaice
April 7, 2019, 9:27pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from golfer
If Bramley want anymore forwards give us a call-we will highly recommend them if you will take them off us. Obviously we will pay you for your services

I know you do it deliberately golfer but it's Bromley FFS  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 62
Hagrid
April 7, 2019, 9:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,486
Gold Stars: 537
Its not saying much but id rather have JJ every week than Harry Cardwell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 62
GrimRob
April 7, 2019, 10:00pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,451
Gold Stars: 115
He's a confidence player, but he's just not done enough often enough. Maybe BP doesn't suit him. If it came down to a twist or stick I'd twist though.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 62
chaos33
April 7, 2019, 10:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Hagrid
Its not saying much but id rather have JJ every week than Harry Cardwell.

The equivalent of saying you'd rather have tonsillitis than mumps.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 62
Kris2
April 7, 2019, 11:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
I think he's a non league player and will flourish there. He's shown potential as a young player and was given chances for league football but never really found his way. People love to pretend players who are not playing for us are better than they are,especially when we aren't playing well. The reality is he's not good enough for L2 so I'd imagine he's going to be released in the summer when his contract is finished.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 62
golfer
April 8, 2019, 4:11am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

I know you do it deliberately golfer but it's Bromley FFS  

Bromley FC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 62
thevera
April 8, 2019, 6:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
The point about fans draining confidence and 1st in line for grief made by the real John Lewis is perfectly highlighted by Hagrid! Harry Cardwell is our whipping boy now why would Hooper want to come back?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 62
Hagrid
April 8, 2019, 6:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,486
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from thevera
The point about fans draining confidence and 1st in line for grief made by the real John Lewis is perfectly highlighted by Hagrid! Harry Cardwell is our whipping boy now why would Hooper want to come back?

A player not being good enough doesnt make them a whipping boy. I wont boo him or give him hassle at a game, but he isnt good enough, nor is JJ, and nor are numerous players in our team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 62
golfer
April 8, 2019, 7:02am
Vodka Drinker
I know a few people on here who would pay to be the whipping boy-also a few people who deserve to be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 62
diehardmariner
April 8, 2019, 8:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,706
Gold Stars: 543
Jon Nolan was quoted last week saying how it was when he ended up here it coincided with his lightbulb moment for his career.  

Could well be the same for JJ, languished in his career despite early promise and then needed to drop down to realise his talent and that it won't be enough to just turn up.

Good luck to the lad, he's doing something that we can't do at the minute - score goals.  Despite his form at Bromley, I can't say I would really be keen for him to come back here.  
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 62
Mariner93er
April 8, 2019, 9:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
I'm surprised at how many people are writing off a player who has got such a good goal difference in only the division below. Surely, considering our current striking options, he's worth a punt next season in his actual position. We keep saying it's hard to find a goal scorer at any level, yet we have one on our books with nearly 20 goals in not many more games. I know he hasn't previously impressed, but it takes some players until their mid twenties to finally click, Nolan being a great example.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 62
Abdul19
April 8, 2019, 9:19am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 220
I'd class it as (a still very impressive) 13 in 19. Goals in the Kent Senior Cup don't bloody count  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 62
diehardmariner
April 8, 2019, 10:20am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mariner93er
I'm surprised at how many people are writing off a player who has got such a good goal difference in only the division below. Surely, considering our current striking options, he's worth a punt next season in his actual position. We keep saying it's hard to find a goal scorer at any level, yet we have one on our books with nearly 20 goals in not many more games. I know he hasn't previously impressed, but it takes some players until their mid twenties to finally click, Nolan being a great example.

Hooper may well be able to cut it at this level again, I just can't see it with us.  Too much water passed under the bridge and he'll be remembered as a bit of a floundering player.  I can't imagine he'll be desperate to stay with us either.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 62
Maringer
April 8, 2019, 10:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
He ended last season well but didn't carry on the form this season. It probably didn't help him that we were very poor at the start of the season (and many times since!) with pretty much no service for the forwards, but I agree with DHM that too much water has passed under the bridge for him here.

Hooper strikes me as a player with some ability but not one who can generally make something out of nothing. He'd probably do pretty well at this level as part of a team on the up, but then the same could be said for most half-decent strikers. Overall, the Conference is probably his correct level and he'll no doubt be happier down south as he's from that neck of the woods.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 62
ska face
April 8, 2019, 10:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852
Hooper’s problem is that he neither creates chances for himself, nor is he clinical when they come along - and in this division, with our record of creating chances, you can’t afford to be wasteful.

Another two goals on Saturday but just look at where they came from -

[youtube]b2TQgIhDcfI[/youtube]

You don’t get those kind of chances, twice a game, in League 2. Comparisons with Amond and Bogle are ridiculous and this is why clubs have networks of scouts watching games and don’t just buy players on their scoring records.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 62
pizzzza
April 8, 2019, 11:24am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from ska face

oh dear, assist from the opposition keeper then an assist from the opposition CB... at least he was was in the right position to take advantage both times....
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 62
Jarmo.Is.God
April 8, 2019, 11:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Some people are good enough to make the step up, but some not...

Dayle Southwell scored 52 in 74 for Boston according to wiki, and just didn't work in the league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 62
Ipswin
April 8, 2019, 11:37am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from pizzzza

oh dear, assist from the opposition keeper then an assist from the opposition CB... at least he was was in the right position to take advantage both times....

and he didn't need to put them in with his hand unlike our 'star' striker

Anyway if I recall some posters on here were recommending / suggesting that we look at strikers with a good scoring record from the Conference (and below) Hoopers record is as good as anyone's at that level

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 62
moosey_club
April 8, 2019, 12:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Hooper for me was at his best when we played the 4-5-1 system and he was wide left, he worked hard on that side in front of Fox.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 62
RonMariner
April 8, 2019, 2:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,821
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from moosey_club
Hooper for me was at his best when we played the 4-5-1 system and he was wide left, he worked hard on that side in front of Fox.

Yes, he really terrorised the Notts County defence in that crucial game, and created several good chances, including the one that lead to the corner from which we scored.

Then at Forest Green the following week he banged in a good hat trick from the same position.  At that point I thought we had a real gem on our hands, but for some reason it just did not work out this season??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 62
Kris2
April 8, 2019, 2:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from ska face
Hooper’s problem is that he neither creates chances for himself, nor is he clinical when they come along - and in this division, with our record of creating chances, you can’t afford to be wasteful.

[youtube]b2TQgIhDcfI[/youtube]

You don’t get those kind of chances, twice a game, in League 2. Comparisons with Amond and Bogle are ridiculous and this is why clubs have networks of scouts watching games and don’t just buy players on their scoring records.

Lol that miss on an easy chance to get his hat trick is typical Hooper. He got lucky with the first two goals and when he needed finishing skill be copulated it up. The simpletons in this thread like "If he's scored lots of goals in the league below then we should bring him back and he'll surely score lots of goals here!" are hilarious. The only game he scored a lot for us was against a bunch of FGR mercenaries who saw their job was done so they didn't have to do more than go through the motions to get their inflated pay cheque and go on holiday. When he doesn't have luck and it comes down to skill he doesn't ever come out looking great.

Hooper doesn't have a particular attribute that stands out while showing potential in other areas he's just sort of another young player that showed a bit of potential early on and then never seemed to get far. Maybe he will work it out later on but are we really in a position to have players on the team that aren't very good but we hope might be good in 3 years? We already gave him another year based on potential and he's still yet to deliver on it.

I think Hooper's future is more likely to be moving down the leagues than moving up them. I think he's happier at Bromley, he's a London boy and he's doing well for them.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 62
friskneymariner
April 8, 2019, 3:02pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from pizzzza

Good job we don't do that.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 62
buckstown
April 8, 2019, 3:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 80
I think the majority of town fans thought there was a player in there somewhere, but he looked like he couldn't be bothered.
Looking at his movement in those highlights I still get that impression.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 62
golfer
April 8, 2019, 4:48pm
Vodka Drinker
[quote=864]

. Maybe he will work it out later on but are we really in a position to have players on the team that aren't very good but we hope might be good in 3 years?

We HAVE players in the team that aren't very good and there is NO HOPE that they will be any good in 10 years never mind 3  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 62
jamesgtfc
April 8, 2019, 5:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
I saw Hooper for Bromley at Hartlepool a few weeks ago. He won a few more headers than usual but blazed a chance over the stand from 12 yards out.

He has all the physical attributes to succeed but I think he has found his level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 62
rancido
April 8, 2019, 7:19pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 101
The problem with the possibility of giving JJ another contract is that I'm sure he would insist on at least 2 years. Can we afford to give him 2 years or even 1 and then end up loaning him out again. I would rather we let him go and find a replacement.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 62
psgmariner
April 8, 2019, 7:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Admittedly I wasn’t at FGR to see his hat trick but every time I saw him he looked way below league standard.

Well done for his success but no way he should be back playing for us if we stay up.

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 62
Meza
April 8, 2019, 7:55pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,649
Gold Stars: 50
Personally I don't think JJ will want to stay here and I can see him leaving at the end of the season even if MJ have him a new deal.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 62
arryarryarry
April 8, 2019, 7:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from buckstown
I think the majority of town fans thought there was a player in there somewhere, but he looked like he couldn't be bothered.
Looking at his movement in those highlights I still get that impression.

Did they, there are some players that some will think are very good whilst others think they are crap, LJL being the best known.

However I usually check opposition fans forum to see how they rate a player we have signed from them and nigh on 100% of the Vale fans thought he was crap in fact they were quite vitriolic about him.

Private Message
Reply: 38 - 62
1mickylyons
April 9, 2019, 8:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Always struck me he wasn`t hungry enough to really succeed given his attributes.Not good enough for League 2 sadly we need a vast improvement up top and a better supply line more importantly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 62
fishboyUTM
April 9, 2019, 10:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
I spoke to him briefly last season after a 3-0 defeat at Carlisle. He was gutted we'd lost, and promised he and the rest of the team 'were trying'. I believed him, he is unfortunate in that his body language doesn't always look the best and fans don't like that.

That said, I can only agree with what the majority have said. He looks miles short at league level. He'll certainly be released in July and I wish him well for the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 62
forza ivano
April 9, 2019, 11:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Noticeable that Jolley has released him on loan, but hasn't expressed any regrets about doing so
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 62
golfer
April 9, 2019, 11:35am
Vodka Drinker
Don't think Jolly would say he had made a mistake even if JJ had scored 50
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 62
grimsby pete
April 9, 2019, 12:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
A striker that scores goals now that's a novelty ,

I don't know why but several players who could not score for us when they can bang them in elsewhere,

Must be the sea air.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 62
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 9, 2019, 1:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from grimsby pete
A striker that scores goals now that's a novelty ,

I don't know why but several players who could not score for us when they can bang them in elsewhere,

Must be the sea air.

Appreciate Wilkes had injury problems whilst at town but based on performances at town who would want a front three of Wilkes, Matt & Hooper certainly not me but between them think they will have scored 50+ goals this season.

To quote the great Jimmy Greaves .... it’s a funny old game 😄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 62
golfer
April 9, 2019, 3:30pm
Vodka Drinker
no - but what about 3 out of 5  Wilkes  Matt  Hooper  Shop  Amond
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 62
Ipswin
April 9, 2019, 3:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from golfer
no - but what about 3 out of 5  Wilkes  Matt  Hooper  Shop  Amond

Make that 3 out of 4, I don't see the Shop featuring in any top scorers lists somehow

Private Message
Reply: 46 - 62
StaffsMariner
April 9, 2019, 4:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
https://thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8502676
Memory starts going as you get older then Ipswin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 62
RoboCod
April 9, 2019, 4:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from StaffsMariner

Wow, our 2 top scorers currently have 4 as we enter the final games, good old Shaun (Centre Back) Pearson had 5 that season

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 62
arryarryarry
April 9, 2019, 5:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Appreciate Wilkes had injury problems whilst at town but based on performances at town who would want a front three of Wilkes, Matt & Hooper certainly not me but between them think they will have scored 50+ goals this season.

To quote the great Jimmy Greaves .... it’s a funny old game 😄

Wilks has scored 13 goals in 40 games so far for Donny and speaking to a Donny fan the other day said he was one of the star performers for them so far this season.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 62
jamesgtfc
April 9, 2019, 5:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
I always notice when teams are struggling at the bottom of the table they seem to have more injuries. Doncaster are flying at the top of League 1 and his hamstrings have held up fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 62
golfer
April 9, 2019, 6:35pm
Vodka Drinker
It's  'cos the bottom teams are normally running backwards and the best teams are on the front foot  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 62
Ipswin
April 9, 2019, 7:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from StaffsMariner

FFS you'll have Tees and Rafferty in the list next. The Shop has done intercourse all since the ball rebounded off his face into the net at Wembley

We're talking about the here and now not seasons ago. We're compiling a list of who we should never have let go and who Jolley should sign if he knew owt about goalscorers.

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 62
diehardmariner
April 9, 2019, 9:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS you'll have Tees and Rafferty in the list next. The Shop has done intercourse all since the ball rebounded off his face into the net at Wembley

We're talking about the here and now not seasons ago. We're compiling a list of who we should never have let go and who Jolley should sign if he knew owt about goalscorers.

Can't really talk about who we shouldn't have let go without talking about previous seasons can you?
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 62
Abdul19
April 9, 2019, 9:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from RoboCod

Wow, our 2 top scorers currently have 4 as we enter the final games, good old Shaun (Centre Back) Pearson had 5 that season

Fact of the day: SP is currently Wrexham's top scorer with 6.

One of those same time tomorrow.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 62
StaffsMariner
April 9, 2019, 9:29pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
Any list that would keep hooper and leave LJL out when weve needed a target man all season ( LJL still playing/sitting on the bench swin, and he's in League 1. ) Lets not forget LJL created and missed plenty of chances, more than the current team in total.
I wouldnt want him back now just to be clear but he's what weve needed all season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 62
RoboCod
April 9, 2019, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Abdul19

Fact of the day: SP is currently Wrexham's top scorer with 6.

One of those same time tomorrow.

Think where we could be with 6 Pearson specials. We'd easily have achieved our just-above-midtable obscurity by now, for example.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 62
Abdul19
April 9, 2019, 9:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
We'd get a lot more out of Dennis if he had LJL alongside him.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 62
Ipswin
April 10, 2019, 12:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
We'd get a lot more out of Dennis if he had LJL alongside him.

We could hardly get less FFS

Private Message
Reply: 58 - 62
Heisenberg
April 10, 2019, 10:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,105
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from RoboCod

Think where we could be with 6 Pearson specials. We'd easily have achieved our just-above-midtable obscurity by now, for example.

I wondered about this the other day - is Pearson out of contract this summer? Hmmm.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 62
Abdul19
April 11, 2019, 7:29am

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Heisenberg

I wondered about this the other day - is Pearson out of contract this summer? Hmmm.......

Nope, they sensibly extended it during the season:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....ust=1555050424125581

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 62
FishOutOfWater
April 11, 2019, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Quoted from Heisenberg

Don't think that he'd want to come back for a pay cut to be honest
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 61 - 62
arryarryarry
April 11, 2019, 4:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Considering the way he was treated by JF and RS would he come back for more money?
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 62
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JJ Hooper

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.