Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 161 Guests

Jolley has to go, and go now.

This thread currently has 21,774 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
April 29, 2019, 1:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Ipswin
Did anyone hear the interview with the two Orient owners (one of whom is a Texan who didn't know why he invested in an English (non) league team but he's 100% committed and loving it especially with the travelling fans) on Talksport this morning

They described the set up they have in place with a director of football who not only works with (I emphasise with) Edinburgh but runs and organises all the junior sides, Orient football courses / activities abroad (two in the US and one in Denmark this summer) plus all the other on and off field activities and publicity.

If only we were set up like that with a bloke who could do 10% of what he does and two forward thinking owners

Totally agree, but no-one's interested in investing in lower league or Conference clubs.. apparently. Yet I can think of at least ten clubs in the past couple of years that have attracted those "non-existent" potential investors and one down the road that found thirteen. And anyway, even if any of our board had bumped into him on Victoria Street as they were busily looking for investment, they'd have refused the Texan because he wasn't born within the sound of the St James bells..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 155
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 29, 2019, 1:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Ipswin
Did anyone hear the interview with the two Orient owners (one of whom is a Texan who didn't know why he invested in an English (non) league team but he's 100% committed and loving it especially with the travelling fans) on Talksport this morning

They described the set up they have in place with a director of football who not only works with (I emphasise with) Edinburgh but runs and organises all the junior sides, Orient football courses / activities abroad (two in the US and one in Denmark this summer) plus all the other on and off field activities and publicity.

If only we were set up like that with a bloke who could do 10% of what he does and two forward thinking owners

Interesting that Edinburgh is described by Orient as their Head Coach. He is not the club manager. A week or two back I posted that I thought Jolley was much more a Director Of Football type than a traditional club manager. He could do that overview job very well and we could have a head coach dedicated to 3 points a game for the first team.

The other point is location though, Leyton is not salubrious but it is well placed so there is a more obvious potential than Grimsby - not necessarily better but more obvious. The investment by the chairman’s pal makes you wonder why our owner seems to be Johnny-No-Mates.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 155
golfer
April 29, 2019, 1:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from toontown

Spot on. His passing is a weakness but he has the vision to spot opportunities, if he can improve his passing we will have a real player on our hands

Passing is the absolute basic.If you can't kick a ball to where you intend to kick it to you shouldn't be a professional footballer. It's like saying if he could ride he would be a good jockey.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 155
FishOutOfWater
April 29, 2019, 2:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 1mickylyons

You quoted me out of context I was pointing out to another poster our excellent defence which he was praising isn`t really that excellent if conceding 2 goals to the league`s worst team

I don't really think I was quoting out of context 1ML.... just adding my thoughts to whether or not Town were any good on Saturday and I just compared us to how some of their previous opponents had fared recently

It's all about opinions so guess we'll just have to agree to differ on whether we had anything positive to take from our day out at Notts or not  

Quoted from Northbank Mariner

He took on a poisoned Challis at the time...we we're in a downward spiral that no one could stop... we'd tried sir Alan and he failed...all I'm saying is at the moment we are relatively stable, maybe this season MJ has learned not just how this league works but more importantly, how GTFC work.. I saw enough today to think we'll be okay next season ..as long as he f@cks Woolford off

Quoted from arryarryarry

You must have had a different view from where I was sat.

All I saw was a team that lost 2-1 to the poorest team in the league, could have been more.

Dreadful defending, a midfield that cannot create chances, not one player that can take a decent free kick or corner and no forwards that looks like they would get more than a couple of goals in a whole season and hoof ball tactics.

So, you didn't see Max Wright, Burrell, Grayson's curler go just over, Whitmore hardly putting a foot wrong, RHJ winning just about every header, Hess and Clifton battling,...
I know we weren't our best yesterday and Jolley got the contract extension of Cardwell completely wrong but there was enough to say that 2-3 players ie, striker, creative midfielder( in the Embleton mould) and, inmho, a keeper who can distribute the ball better or at the very least push Macca for the shirt...

Quoted from 1mickylyons

Sounds great however our defence conceded 2 goals to a team so wretched it hasn`t got out the bottom two for Months and it took us over 90 mins to get a consolation goal.Not good enough.

In all fairness their first goal was more luck than bad defending, it flicked off , I think Davis's leg, and fell to a striker who is far better than league 2.. the second was calamitous I'll give you that..but given we did miss Ohman in the centre of that defence who no doubt would have got his head on that....
Still maintain Jolley needs some guidance, he has the brains but seems to be somewhat unable to see his own mistakes...poor substitutions and a lack of a workable plan B...
I would say 75% of this squad are good league 2 players and 25% are conference level at best and if MJ can't get a tune out of them, then he has to admit to himself that for all his badges and ambition he just hasn't got what it takes to be a football league manager and maybe go back to coaching the young guns...
What I will not accept is that he never, ever admits to getting it wrong..even yesterday in his post match interview he laid the blame at the players feet...but who bought/signed them,set them up and sent them out on to the pitch?..yes, MJ... he's got it wrong more times than he's got it right and needs to hold his hands up and admit it...a good tradesman never blames his tools,...

Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Notts also put three past both Stevenage and Carlisle in the past month or so.... what does that say about those teams?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 123 - 155
MuddyWaters
April 29, 2019, 5:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Ipswin

I heard it but it's all about investing in the right people and having the right mind-set.

Which is difficult when your owner has spent spunked his cash over 15 years and now wants some of it back.
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 155
FishOutOfWater
April 29, 2019, 5:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I heard it but it's all about investing in the right people and having the right mind-set.

Which is difficult when your owner has spent spunked his cash over 15 years and now wants some of it back.

The first thing I thought of when I heard Leyton had been promoted was what sort of a welcome reception Justin Edinburgh might get when he brings his team up to Blundell Park!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 125 - 155
Ipswin
April 29, 2019, 6:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

The first thing I thought of when I heard Leyton had been promoted was what sort of a welcome reception Justin Edinburgh might get when he brings his team up to Blundell Park!

You'll have to explain that one to me!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 155
golfer
April 29, 2019, 7:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
I can't wait to hear the applause for Craig Clay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 155
arryarryarry
April 29, 2019, 8:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Ipswin

You'll have to explain that one to me!

Can't be certain but may be Foow was referring to his meltdown when at BP If I remember correctly a game was abandoned because of fog when his side were winning 1-0.
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 155
FishOutOfWater
April 29, 2019, 8:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Can't be certain but may be Foow was referring to his meltdown when at BP If I remember correctly a game was abandoned because of fog when his side were winning 1-0.

That’s what I was referring to Arry....Edinburgh was not best pleased with our chairman as was

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....tm_campaign=sharebar
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 129 - 155
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley has to go, and go now.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.