11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
realist
August 30, 2019, 9:24am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
I have been and always will be a fierce critic of Fenty. His heart is in the right place and he is completely dedicated to the club but is not the right man to run it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 100
1mickylyons
August 30, 2019, 9:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
First and formost Fenty is and always will be a life long mariner. I have not agreed with everything he as done but in hindsight (unless we have hidden debts) he as tried to keep the club financially stable.

His ego does get the better of him which causes a bitter rift with supporters and even fellow ex directors.

Let's face it nobody likes being told they are wrong or critisised for doing the wrong thing.

He`s had plenty of practice I thought he would have been used to it

Time to let Mike Jolley's team and the lads do the talking on the pitch where it matters.

We all want that don't we??

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 100
grimsby pete
August 30, 2019, 11:33am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,835
Gold Stars: 222
Some fans love him some fans hate him but most just don't care about him either way.

Don't really want to go over the same old ground again.

So I hope a good candidate comes forward and ticks all the boxes and we can say,

Thank you John and goodbye enjoy just being a fan.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 100
1mickylyons
August 30, 2019, 12:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from grimsby pete
Some fans love him some fans hate him but most just don't care about him either way.

Don't really want to go over the same old ground again.

So I hope a good candidate comes forward and ticks all the boxes and we can say,

Thank you John and goodbye enjoy just being a fan.

Never heard anybody say they hate John Fenty personally he`s just done his time and were fed up with him and he is fed up with us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 100
GollyGTFC
August 30, 2019, 12:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
So basically we should be grateful for John Fenty because under his watch the club didn't cease to exist?

Maybe I should start thanking my son's school teacher at the end of each school day for successfully keeping him alive for six and three quarter hours.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 100
promotion plaice
August 30, 2019, 12:44pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

On to the present,  JF has had his sale price accepted allegedly in the negotiations so he's not being unreasonable by the sounds of it.

Let's hope the takeover happens.  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 100
gtfc98
August 30, 2019, 1:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from psgmariner
He’s done an interview with Grimsby Independent today. Should be available later this evening.

Shutes?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 100
Southwark Mariner
August 30, 2019, 2:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 100
Marinerz93
August 30, 2019, 3:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I've been a critic of John in his past interviews and I have to say that was probably his best interview his has done and came across really well. Well done John and hopefully the transition to Mr Shutes goes smoothly too, interesting times ahead.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 100
forza ivano
August 30, 2019, 3:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
quite interesting interview, though the volume was awful. Sounds like the journo had put the microphone out in the corridor!
Fenty ,at long last, seems to have given up on Peaks Parkway, even though he's convinced it's the best option. Without Shutes the ground on the docks will die, so Freeman Street seems to be the option he's planning for
Forgive me GrimRob/getyourfactsright if i've got this arrse about face as it was bloody difficult to hear (don't need any more posts deleted nor snotty p.m.s)

Some crackers for your Fenty Bingo , although i was badly let down when 'tyre kickers' didn't pass his lips  

those old stalwarts - at the end of the day / moving forward / brought to the table/ sat round the table/ it's fair to say /rub of the green all got a good airing.
he loves 'custodian' ;think he said it 5 times, whilst I particularly liked newcomers such as  'income ladder' and the pitch being described as a 'postage stamp'.
he saved the best though, until near the end, when he said 'he wanted to cement home again' , by which i think he simply meant 'repeat' rather than referring to some bizarre, botched d.i.y. job!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.