Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How are you getting to Chelsea ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 176 Guests

How are you getting to Chelsea ?

This thread currently has 12,999 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
bluerose13x
September 12, 2019, 11:59am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Am lucky as it falls on my shifts off  from work. Giving driving a miss, fancy a drink, and coaches ain't for me anymore so train it is. Early train Gy to Donny, Donny to London on the 09.24 Hull Trains   service, London at 11.09. Full afternoon in London, couple of things/places I want to visit/do. Any suggestions on where to meet fellow GTFC fans early evening for a few refreshments would be a great help to this anti-social lone traveller. Hotels in London seem very expensive even for London standards, so 23.34 train from Kings Cross to Donny, cheap hotel , need vaccinations to stay in Donny, back to GY following morning/midday when I crawl outta hotel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 74
arryarryarry
September 12, 2019, 12:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Might take a Boris Bike from work in Shoreditch into central London for some dinner, then onto the District Line.  

It looks likely he will be on one of his own bikes by then.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 74
arryarryarry
September 12, 2019, 12:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from bluerose13x
Am lucky as it falls on my shifts off  from work. Giving driving a miss, fancy a drink, and coaches ain't for me anymore so train it is. Early train Gy to Donny, Donny to London on the 09.24 Hull Trains service, London at 11.09. Full afternoon in London, couple of things/places I want to visit/do. Any suggestions on where to meet fellow GTFC fans early evening for a few refreshments would be a great help to this anti-social lone traveller. Hotels in London seem very expensive even for London standards, so 23.34 train from Kings Cross to Donny, cheap hotel , need vaccinations to stay in Donny, back to GY following morning/midday when I crawl outta hotel.

Do you remember the old advert, "risk it for a swisskit" knowing Hull Trains reliability you will likely end up with a biscuit.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 74
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 12, 2019, 3:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Might take a Boris Bike from work in Shoreditch into central London for some dinner, then onto the District Line.  

Be careful. The rails are electric

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 74
Sweden
September 12, 2019, 4:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +318
Gold Stars: 8
Train to Stockholm, bus to the Airport. Fly to London. Bus  or tub to the hotel Chelsea lodge. Walk to Stamford Bridge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 74
Kristine
September 12, 2019, 4:59pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Get the kids out of school at lunchtime and drive down.  Pre-booked parking 5 minutes away from Stamford Bridge, means on the way back the kids can get to sleep quicker as they need to be at school the next day  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 74
bluerose13x
September 12, 2019, 5:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +323
Quoted from arryarryarry

Do you remember the old advert, "risk it for a swisskit" knowing Hull Trains reliability you will likely end up with a buscuit.

Your right of course mate. Change of plan on my part, onto a LNER train. Want to try out an AZUMA train anyway!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 74
Heisenberg
September 12, 2019, 6:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,105
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

I’m gonna try do this, never used Cockfosters, is parking easy enough?

Just turn up, park, and pay when you get back to the car on your way home. There’s sometimes a queue of people trying to pay there for parking but you pay on departure - your reg is recorded by camera when you arrive.

It’s a new system they put in a couple of years ago.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 74
sydney
September 12, 2019, 6:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Parking good (spaces most of the time)
Just a few quid as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 74
KingstonMariner
September 12, 2019, 9:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from bluerose13x
Am lucky as it falls on my shifts off  from work. Giving driving a miss, fancy a drink, and coaches ain't for me anymore so train it is. Early train Gy to Donny, Donny to London on the 09.24 Hull Trains   service, London at 11.09. Full afternoon in London, couple of things/places I want to visit/do. Any suggestions on where to meet fellow GTFC fans early evening for a few refreshments would be a great help to this anti-social lone traveller. Hotels in London seem very expensive even for London standards, so 23.34 train from Kings Cross to Donny, cheap hotel , need vaccinations to stay in Donny, back to GY following morning/midday when I crawl outta hotel.

Poojah's suggestion above sounds a decent place to start. The Tattershall Castle is a bit out of the way for this one, unless someone can commandeer it and sail upstream to Chelsea Harbour.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How are you getting to Chelsea ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.