Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Was Rusell Slade II worse than Mike Newell?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 176 Guests

Was Rusell Slade II worse than Mike Newell?

This thread currently has 5,069 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
October 13, 2019, 8:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Kris2

So we are only allowed to bring up the good,old days once a week then and never discuss the bad seasons?  

There's already another long thread of people remembering the good times. Nobody around here is looking forwards lol. I suppose "remember when we were good?" is better than "remember when we were excrement?". It was just a discussion topic, I figured I'd attempt something different than "New stadium back on/off", "Some local team is doing better than us, bet it won't last because *insert reason*  " or "remember that time in the 70's when we won that one game?" along with the old favourites "We won! We're on for promotion and have the best team in the league!"  "We lost! We're doomed unless the manager is sacked now and we buy 10 new players including a 20 goal a season striker and a creative winger"

FFS give it a rest, are you that desperate to post something.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
Northbank Mariner
October 13, 2019, 8:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Kris2

So we are only allowed to bring up the good,old days once a week then and never discuss the bad seasons?  

There's already another long thread of people remembering the good times. Nobody around here is looking forwards lol. I suppose "remember when we were good?" is better than "remember when we were excrement?". It was just a discussion topic, I figured I'd attempt something different than "New stadium back on/off", "Some local team is doing better than us, bet it won't last because *insert reason*  " or "remember that time in the 70's when we won that one game?" along with the old favourites "We won! We're on for promotion and have the best team in the league!"  "We lost! We're doomed unless the manager is sacked now and we buy 10 new players including a 20 goal a season striker and a creative winger"

Give it up, all were saying is why start a negative thread??...however you look at it nobody needs reminded of the sh!te we have had to suffer...
This is an open forum to discuss football related issues, but right now, with the way the last 3 games have gone a little bit of an optimistic thread would be better received ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
golfer
October 13, 2019, 10:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from chaos33
Who wants to contemplate that sh1t?!
It’d was bad enough enduring it. No desire to relive it thanks.

But if you think of them it makes Jolly jolly jolly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
Kris2
October 14, 2019, 1:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS give it a rest, are you that desperate to post something.

That's kind of funny coming from you  
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
Kris2
October 14, 2019, 1:31am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Give it up, all were saying is why start a negative thread??...however you look at it nobody needs reminded of the sh!te we have had to suffer...
This is an open forum to discuss football related issues, but right now, with the way the last 3 games have gone a little bit of an optimistic thread would be better received ..

Apparently it's not very open at all. If you're not part of the clique of old fogeys,their kids and the away day crowd then you don't get to post basically. I'm being shouted down by same old faces for daring to post a topic. This forum is just a circle jerk for you all to enjoy where you can't go off script.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
GollyGTFC
October 14, 2019, 7:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Who cares ?

This!

Let’s worry about the guy in charge now who’s had 19 months but still can’t string 2 acceptable performances together.

A guy who complained all last season that we were doing well enough, but finally admitted at the start of the season that we underachieved.

To me the next 3 games are crucial. And sadly I have no faith we’ll get the points we need (7 IMO) based on recent dropped points.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 34
kamakazebear
October 14, 2019, 10:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +483
Why do people feel the need to comment on threads they don't care about, it's an open forum, people can post what they want and if you don't care, don't reply. Simple.

I'd definitely say Newell, we had awful, awful players who really couldn't care less. Jolley at least came in and managed to get something out of the players towards the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
Garth
October 14, 2019, 10:33am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Its a results base decision, should MJ take us back to non league then he will be up there with Slade and Newell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
KingstonMariner
October 14, 2019, 10:44am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Garth
Its a results base decision, should MJ take us back to non league then he will be up there with Slade and Newell

If he takes us up, who will he be up there with? Buckley? Kerr? Newman? McMenemy?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
Ipswin
October 14, 2019, 11:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Kris2

That's kind of funny coming from you  

I think you will find I have only opened two or three threads in over a year unlike yourself

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Was Rusell Slade II worse than Mike Newell?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.