Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Holloway announced!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Holloway announced!!

This thread currently has 16,363 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
December 31, 2019, 3:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Let's put everything into perspective. It's a brilliant deal, no denying that, but if we don't get three points against Salford, ffs let's not have the doom mongers on here calling for his head. With the shares "option" it's in for the long term by the look of things, so let's start thinking long term as fans.

There might need to be a clear out end of season, or maybe even earlier, so Ollie's going to have to have a good look at everyone, either in training or game time, so there's going to be some experimentation. I'm happy that we should at the very least secure membership of the Football League this year, hopefully with more than a few points to spare, but it simply has to be next season we can now look forward to with relish?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 71
EY Mariner
December 31, 2019, 3:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Harold Wilson once said a week is a long time in politics. The same thing could apply to football. A few days ago, I suggested on this forum we had no hope of forward progress without significant change in the boardroom. I am delighted to have had those words firmly rammed back down my throat.

I know there are some fans who are worried that this could be another Mike Newell-type situation in that we have a manager whose appointment has been broadly acclaimed but which turned out to be a disaster. I understand those misgivings. But it is clear that we could not continue as we were. In the short term, at least, this should give a big boost in terms of feel-good factor and positive PR for the club if nothing else. Let's buckle up and enjoy the ride. It certainly will not be dull.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 71
rancido
December 31, 2019, 3:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Tried to get on the YouTube channel but nothing yet

Got the prosecco in the fridge (second bottle now) waiting.......

Posh B !! I've got the brown ales all lined up and the bottle opener on red alert.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 71
HistonMariner
December 31, 2019, 3:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +554
Gold Stars: 13
Am glad AL is staying on and deserves the No.2 job to IH, where I think he'll really benefit his career.

Don't think we should underestimate the job he's done.  The fact that EVEN on The Fishy there was debate about the job he was doing, suggests he was doing something right.  The Managers job was probably too early for him. I  believe he helped lighten the cloud that hung over Blundel that gave the Board the time needed to sort out IH.  Without that breathing space, real urgency would have necessitated a speedy - probably a panic appointment.  

Thanks Al, good luck and I am positive your time with IH will provide some material for after dinner speeches in the future.

UTMM.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 43 - 71
cmackenzie4
December 31, 2019, 3:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from jock dock tower
Let's put everything into perspective. It's a brilliant deal, no denying that, but if we don't get three points against Salford, ffs let's not have the doom mongers on here calling for his head. With the shares "option" it's in for the long term by the look of things, so let's start thinking long term as fans.

There might need to be a clear out end of season, or maybe even earlier, so Ollie's going to have to have a good look at everyone, either in training or game time, so there's going to be some experimentation. I'm happy that we should at the very least secure membership of the Football League this year, hopefully with more than a few points to spare, but it simply has to be next season we can now look forward to with relish?

Exactly John

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 71
TownSNAFU5
December 31, 2019, 3:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,886
Gold Stars: 42
From Slade to Holloway in a short stretch without using a prison van.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 71
cmackenzie4
December 31, 2019, 3:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 71
HertsGTFC
December 31, 2019, 4:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,962
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
From Slade to Holloway in a short stretch without using a prison van.

Possibly the post of the week  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 71
chipsandgravy
December 31, 2019, 4:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,614
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from DocDock
Going against the grain here but whilst I’m pleased we’ve finally appointed a permanent manager in Holloway I’m not exactly jumping for joy like others. He has limited experience in the lower leagues and his win percentage record at other clubs  ain’t exactly great either. Also i find it odd that he’s bought shares in the club too. I appreciate we’re not exactly an attractive proposition at the moment so this is probably the best and most reputable appointment we could have made, to be fair.

Still, here’s hoping it’s a success in the long term.

Not a critisism as were all allowed opinions but given our position both professionally and positionally who exactly would have got you " jumping for joy"?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 71
HertsGTFC
December 31, 2019, 4:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,962
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from HistonMariner
Am glad AL is staying on and deserves the No.2 job to IH, where I think he'll really benefit his career.

Don't think we should underestimate the job he's done.  The fact that EVEN on The Fishy there was debate about the job he was doing, suggests he was doing something right.  The Managers job was probably too early for him. I  believe he helped lighten the cloud that hung over Blundel that gave the Board the time needed to sort out IH.  Without that breathing space, real urgency would have necessitated a speedy - probably a panic appointment.  

Thanks Al, good luck and I am positive your time with IH will provide some material for after dinner speeches in the future.

UTMM.

Holloway & Limbrick the glass will be overflowing never mind half full........

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Holloway announced!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.