Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 144 Guests

MSTREAMS

This thread currently has 18,873 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
February 1, 2020, 9:23am
Guest User
Quoted from Sussexmariner

So I can just subscribe on the Mstream site and watch the town games on my iPad ?

Yes, when you pay the subscription, they ask what device you want it on.

Reply: 10 - 111
ginnywings
February 1, 2020, 9:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
My question would be are these sites legal and where does your money go? Do you still have to pay a match pass fee to watch a game so Town get their cut?

The whole IPTV thing is a grey area as far as legality of content is concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 111
February 1, 2020, 11:53am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
My question would be are these sites legal and where does your money go? Do you still have to pay a match pass fee to watch a game so Town get their cut?

The whole IPTV thing is a grey area as far as legality of content is concerned.

I don't care, I get to watch every single Town game live for the rest of the season, and if I want, every Premier League game too.  I have no knowledge whether it is 'legal' or not, and no, you don't have to pay a £10 match fee to iFollow.

Reply: 12 - 111
AussieMariner
February 1, 2020, 12:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from 123614

I don't care, I get to watch every single Town game live for the rest of the season, and if I want, every Premier League game too.  I have no knowledge whether it is 'legal' or not, and no, you don't have to pay a £10 match fee to iFollow.

So if you could get a ticket to the match for a couple of quid from a 3rd party and the club gets no revenue would you buy it? Or would you think that if the club gets no revenue it may not exist?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 111
gtfc_akpa_akpro
February 1, 2020, 12:08pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 9
It is in no way legal. I hope the club can find a way to report you. It takes away from all those genuine fans and I’m sure you’ll be the same people moaning when the club hasn’t got money to spend on players

i would really like to know biccys favourite biscuit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 111
February 1, 2020, 12:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from AussieMariner

So if you could get a ticket to the match for a couple of quid from a 3rd party and the club gets no revenue would you buy it? Or would you think that if the club gets no revenue it may not exist?

I have been supporting Grimsby Town for nearly 70 years now, and must have put thousands of pounds into their coffers.  I also donated to the Crowdfunder a few years back, I will continue to support them, but when I get to watch between 4-6 games a month for £10 and it costs me £10 just to watch one match on a Tuesday night I know which way I am going.  Also I am disabled and cannot get to matches anymore.  BTW for all you haters of IPTV, did you know that Netflix and BBC iPlayer are IPTV also?

Reply: 15 - 111
February 1, 2020, 12:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from gtfc_akpa_akpro
It is in no way legal. I hope the club can find a way to report you. It takes away from all those genuine fans and I’m sure you’ll be the same people moaning when the club hasn’t got money to spend on players

Grow up man, actually do a search find out for yourself.  Just exactly what does IPTV take away from genuine fans?  You have never seen me post on here about the club not having money either.

Reply: 16 - 111
February 1, 2020, 12:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from AussieMariner

I'm disabled, I cannot get to matches.

Reply: 17 - 111
ginnywings
February 1, 2020, 12:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 123614

I don't care, I get to watch every single Town game live for the rest of the season, and if I want, every Premier League game too. I have no knowledge whether it is 'legal' or not, and no, you don't have to pay a £10 match fee to iFollow.

Clearly it's not then.

The IPTV protocol is kosher, but some of the third party content isn't, so it's down to the individual whether they think that's ok or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 111
February 1, 2020, 12:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

Clearly it's not then.

The IPTV protocol is kosher, but some of the third party content isn't, so it's down to the individual whether they think that's ok or not.

So you have proof of that?  I could produce documents that say it's legal, and also documents that say it's illegal!  So where do we go from there.  Anyway, it's none of your business or anyone else to what I do or don't do.  I was answering some questions for some guys, so keep your nose out, it doesn't concern you.

Reply: 19 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MSTREAMS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.