8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
February 2, 2020, 9:29pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,244
Gold Stars: 10
One thing that I don't think has been mentioned is how their big number 15 managed to carry on after his clash of heads with Hendrie... I was sat right near it and the lad was absolutely knocked out cold for a fair few seconds... Even tried to stand right back to start he woke up like a boxer would. I thought the rules had changed meaning any loss of consciousness meant a substitution?!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 78
TownSNAFU5
February 2, 2020, 10:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Watching the highlights, I think it said their 2nd goal was scored by a Celtic loanee.  Both goals scored by loan players then?

After our free kick late in the game, we had 5 players trotting back slowly from their penalty area.  They were breaking forward in numbers and nearly scored.  Just an observation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 78
KingstonMariner
February 2, 2020, 10:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Watching the highlights, I think it said their 2nd goal was scored by a Celtic loanee.  Both goals scored by loan players then?

After our free kick late in the game, we had 5 players trotting back slowly from their penalty area.  They were breaking forward in numbers and nearly scored.  Just an observation.

Yeah, I thought that too. Lackadaisical was the word that sprung to mind. Got to see the game out or all the rest of the good work comes to nothing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 78
Rik e B
February 2, 2020, 11:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Hopefully Ollie with have their pants down for that upon reviewing the footage. He's not one to leave stones unturned I'm sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 78
fishboyUTM
February 3, 2020, 1:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from TAGG

Sorry mate but I dont think any Town player was 'woeful' today.
I do agree that young Matty should be replaced by Waterfall not because hes not been up to it but because we need a bit of pace in there.
Matty has an eye for a pass and is a proper defender but is not the fastest.
Still love the bloke UTM

Agree we could do with more pace at centre back but I'm staggered your solution is to put Waterfall in there. Waterfall is the slowest player I have ever seen, he has attributes such as aerial dominance, leadership but any sort of pace is not one of his assets! Truth be told, none of our centre backs have pace. They'll just have to drop a few yards deeper than you'd like.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 78
Rik e B
February 3, 2020, 2:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Matt Heywood?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 78
fishboyUTM
February 3, 2020, 2:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Rik e B
Matt Heywood?

AKA The Barge, I'll give you that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 78
fishcake63
February 3, 2020, 2:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
only an opinion but for my money waterfall best of the four by a wide margin plus as great leadership skills which play's a huge part in defensive solidarity
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 78
MarshMariner
February 3, 2020, 3:40pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Paul Futcher never had any pace, but plenty of positional sense...

Its how you read the game that matters...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 78
Rik e B
February 3, 2020, 4:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
I think the issue is the entire defence not containing a huge amount of pace, especially the centre back positions. In the past we've had a speedy CB to nip in and save a slower one who usually has great positional sense on the rare occasions they get caught out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.