Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Maybe.....
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 164 Guests

Maybe.....

This thread currently has 6,865 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Stew0_0
March 4, 2020, 12:59am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,193
Gold Stars: 35
...Maybe attack isnt always the best form of defence.
...Maybe stopping your opponents scoring is the best foundation to getting a result away from home.
...Maybe its time to pick your strongest side and formation and stick with it for a foundation for next season.
...And maybe doing some homework on your opponent is for the best before the game. "Plymouth better than i realised".

Annoyed!
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
March 4, 2020, 1:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 117
2nd game running IH admits he has made mistakes.

I agree with the above, time to stop fannying about with team selection for the Scunny game and pick what he thinks are his best players.

Another poor game and being well beaten on Saturday and I believe his honeymoon will be over.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 41
denni266
March 4, 2020, 2:41am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
I get the feeling that IH is taking it on the chin a bit here to protect the players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 41
Superdan147
March 4, 2020, 7:21am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from denni266
I get the feeling that IH is taking it on the chin a bit here to protect the players

Exactly how I see it. He’s shouldering the blame to protect the players. I think the players are trying but simply nowhere near good enough. You can tell on his interview he’s fuming and embarrassed but trying his best to hide it. Let’s not forget it’s squad that went FIFTEEN games without a win (and barely scoring) only a few months ago. IHs recruitment has addressed things a little but a summer rebuild is vital. The last 2 games have really highlighted our lack of quality, especially without 2 of our best players in Hanson + Hess. It’s hard to slate our lads as I do think we have a good set of people on the whole but very limited footballers. Roll on the summer
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 41
aldi_01
March 4, 2020, 7:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Remember when people used to complain about large clear pits in the summer every year yet that’s exactly what’s gonna happen here (not saying it isn’t necessary).

Are we gonna fall in the trap of paying people off again though?

I get that he’s protecting the players but equally some of it does fall at his feet. He’s the one that’s chopped and changed the side and it’s added to confusion. I guess players have a good game but then don’t know if they’re gonna play next time. I don’t care what anyone says, that would confuse someone...

Equally, he seems to be persevering with players that are blatantly not good enough...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 41
IlkleyMariner
March 4, 2020, 7:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,036
Gold Stars: 69
Think Ollie will know by now who he must keep and who must leave.

Perhaps a few still uncertain and their fate will be determined by who else he thinks he can bring in.

Disappointing but we move on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 41
lew chaterleys lover
March 4, 2020, 8:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
He can't say I was left with a load of dross which is basically the truth.

We have still got some games to go so he has to tread carefully and he has done well to get a better tune out of some of them.

Next season's team will be very different no matter what he says in public about helping these players to improve.

We have been so used to rubbish we think Hess is a good player cos he can pass the ball 5 yards backwards or sideways.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 41
Rick12
March 4, 2020, 8:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Superdan147

Exactly how I see it. He’s shouldering the blame to protect the players. I think the players are trying but simply nowhere near good enough. You can tell on his interview he’s fuming and embarrassed but trying his best to hide it. Let’s not forget it’s squad that went FIFTEEN games without a win (and barely scoring) only a few months ago. IHs recruitment has addressed things a little but a summer rebuild is vital. The last 2 games have really highlighted our lack of quality, especially without 2 of our best players in Hanson + Hess. It’s hard to slate our lads as I do think we have a good set of people on the whole but very limited footballers. Roll on the summer
Good post .I feel though players largely will still  go where they get the best deal.Hence in this short career in the lower leagues 1 or 2 year deals and then you could be out of the trapdoor and playing non league especially for youngsters or young players .Hence if you get offered  £2,000 a week or £ 1,300 a week your going to choose the former.Point being as much as this club has a good history and is one of the oldest clubs in the football league hence older than Liverpool  money is primarily whats it all about now. Hence we cant compete now with some of the other clubs in comparison to years gone by when the minimum wage was still in place.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 41
marinerjase
March 4, 2020, 8:20am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,679
Gold Stars: 147

We have still got some games to go so he has to tread carefully and he has done well to get a better tune out of some of them.

Next season's team will be very different no matter what he says in public about helping these players to improve.

We have been so used to rubbish we think Hess is a good player cos he can pass the ball 5 yards backwards or sideways.

The last sentence....it didn’t do Ray Wilkins any harm..

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 41
Rick12
March 4, 2020, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

I think as long as players try and sacrifice I wouldnt call them dross though.Hence its all relative. Theres always people going to be better than you not just in football but in life.Hence without variety things dont continue.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 41
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Maybe.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.