Lincoln Mariner 56
April 27, 2020, 9:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from golfer
Comley was absolute crap when he played for us Weak in the tackle,arms flapping like a bird and even wears gloves when it's below 80. It's OK having a small player but you've got to have a bit of skill and strength - let Hurst sign him-not us. Comley or Brody - what a hard decision

Well Sir Golfer, I beg to differ, and he has now three more seasons experience under his belt at L2 level, but it’s about opinions and ours differ. Would add that I was not suggesting we actually sign him but if he did have qualities IH will be fully versed in them and if he’s worth a place in our squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
golfer
April 27, 2020, 10:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
  "sir"  -?   Don't you know your ranks "squire" - I am now "LORD"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
mimma
April 27, 2020, 10:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Some Colchester fans reckon their top earners are on 4 grand a week! Out of our price range that's for sure. Might explain why they are letting them go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
golfer
April 28, 2020, 7:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from mimma
Some Colchester fans reckon their top earners are on 4 grand a week! Out of our price range that's for sure. Might explain why they are letting them go.

J.S.F.  comment  --"a week - surely you mean a year"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
ginnywings
April 28, 2020, 8:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
This is from the Daily Fail and if true, it sheds some light on what clubs spend on players and staff, which goes some way to explaining why a lot of teams are now in the sh1te.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sp.....EFL-clubs-brink.html
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 28, 2020, 10:37am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,310
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from ginnywings
This is from the Daily Fail and if true, it sheds some light on what clubs spend on players and staff, which goes some way to explaining why a lot of teams are now in the sh1te.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sp.....EFL-clubs-brink.html

I suspect it is true, there's a lot of detail in it for a made up story.

On another point, I don't read the Daily Mail and have almost no exposure to it so that article's tone was quite a surprise: it's judgemental, condescending and clearly steers the reader towards what the Daily Mail thinks is right or wrong. It's no surprise that the stereotypical Daily Mail reader is so full of bile and ready to jump to conclusions if that's the type of sh*t they're sucking up every day.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
lew chaterleys lover
April 28, 2020, 12:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237

I suspect it is true, there's a lot of detail in it for a made up story.

On another point, I don't read the Daily Mail and have almost no exposure to it so that article's tone was quite a surprise: it's judgemental, condescending and clearly steers the reader towards what the Daily Mail thinks is right or wrong. It's no surprise that the stereotypical Daily Mail reader is so full of bile and ready to jump to conclusions if that's the type of sh*t they're sucking up every day.

Surely every newspaper drives the reader towards their preferred viewpoint?

The key is to read a range of papers otherwise if you only read the Guardian you would believe the Tories are evil scum trying to kill anyone who isn't on the Forbes rich list or if you read the Mirror that Labour is relevant.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
diehardmariner
April 28, 2020, 4:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543

Surely every newspaper drives the reader towards their preferred viewpoint?

The key is to read a range of papers otherwise if you only read the Guardian you would believe the Tories are evil scum trying to kill anyone who isn't on the Forbes rich list or if you read the Mirror that Labour is relevant.

Not wanting to turn this into a political debate, but over 10 million voters would argue that Labour are still relevant.  

Back to the players, a couple of times I've seen Nouble he has looked unplayable - yet remains at this level.  I think that probably answers the question regards him.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
moosey_club
April 28, 2020, 5:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from diehardmariner

Not wanting to turn this into a political debate, but over 10 million voters would argue that Labour are still relevant.  

Back to the players, a couple of times I've seen Nouble he has looked unplayable - yet remains at this level.  I think that probably answers the question regards him.

Because you havnt recommended him ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
April 28, 2020, 8:05pm
Guest User
What players do we have contracted next season?

I’m guessing it will be them and youth players next season.
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester start the ball rolling

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.