3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
ex-merseymariner
May 6, 2020, 8:23am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,402
Gold Stars: 9
Codalmighty diary yesterday was on the composition of the board, worth a read, .....  

So we finally have a Chair.

matt dean did a decent interview with him available on facebook or twitter.

Hmm

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 6, 2020, 12:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,310
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Voting at the board is on the basis of one member one vote. So in that sense JSF can be outvoted. When it comes to AGMs and EGMs and a vote based on shareholding is called then JSF has c43% of the shares/vote. I may be slightly out on the percentage. But he can still technically be outvoted there.

Where the control can really be exerted is through his loans and his guarantee to meet cash flow shortages (up to a limit). He could decide to take his bat home if he doesn’t like a decision.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I'm surprised it's one member one vote and I'm equally surprised that JSF agreed to that or set it up - I wouldn't! It makes no sense to me that someone with 43% of the shares should allow someone with (say) 5% to have the same voting power. But I'm not doubting you.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
KingstonMariner
May 6, 2020, 1:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Interesting, I didn't know that. I'm surprised it's one member one vote and I'm equally surprised that JSF agreed to that or set it up - I wouldn't! It makes no sense to me that someone with 43% of the shares should allow someone with (say) 5% to have the same voting power. But I'm not doubting you.

That’s what the board members said at one of those fans forums (fora?). I believe them. But anything big then JSF will have the real say.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
aldi_01
May 7, 2020, 7:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It can be one person one vote but that generally works as a model of the people aren’t puppets or yes men of the bloke who essentially holds the club (to ransom). Does anyone ever really see Day and Marley disagree with their chum?

And as you Kingston, whilst Fenty can be technically outvoted, the threat of taking his bat and ball home is clearly the reason he’s happy to remove cash from the club each year whilst leaving his ‘loans’...

This is a non story and I won’t be on my own in thinking this does little to change anything...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2020, 10:02am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It doesn’t change anything substantially Aldi, but there might be a change in style which won’t go amiss given our former non-chairman’s tendency to put his foot in his mouth. I was going to say ‘there’s no other show in town’ but I’ve just read the Shutes thing on the GrimTel.

PS I like all the precautions you’ve taken with your stores.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Philip Day Appointed Club Chairman

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.