4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
July 26, 2020, 9:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 96
There’s no way this is financially viable . How the fook can we sign any players on more than £250 a week on low NL attendances with no guarantee their contracts could be seen out if another wave comes along .
L2 should be mothballed for a year to guarantee the survival of clubs

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
GrimRob
July 26, 2020, 10:31pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 114
I'm guessing away fans will also be be banned across the league, at least for a few months. Some clubs would love to see the back of away fans I'm sure for good, as it would reduce the costs of policing and need a lot less stewards. But for our large exiled following it could see many drift away from the game at least for a season or two until the "normal" world returns?

How many people do we think would pay to watch us on iFollow?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 34
Davec
July 26, 2020, 10:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
There needs to be a substantial financial package in the form of hand outs, not loans, handouts otherwise some clubs will never recover from this, especially now Furlough is winding down, testing costs, greatly reduced ticket revenue, greatly reduced merchandise revenue and sponsorship etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
BenBB
July 26, 2020, 10:50pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +842
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from GrimRob
I'm guessing away fans will also be be banned across the league, at least for a few months. Some clubs would love to see the back of away fans I'm sure for good, as it would reduce the costs of policing and need a lot less stewards. But for our large exiled following it could see many drift away from the game at least for a season or two until the "normal" world returns?

How many people do we think would pay to watch us on iFollow?

If they did an iFollow Season Ticket I'd definitely buy it to watch up here in Scotland.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 34
forza ivano
July 26, 2020, 11:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Just thinking aloud here; who is supposed to give this bail out and why would tbey?
Difficult sell for the government (plenty of examples of over paid players, profligate over spending  and very rich owners)
Might well suit the premiership agenda (and/or the growing clamour for relegation proof super leagues) to cut the rest off and let them survive by their own means.
Can't imagine the broadcasting companies falling over themselves to sign a multi million tv deal for lower league footie
If not bail out comes then it's easy to foresee leagues 1 and2 becoming like our old days in the conference with a mix of full time and part time outfits.
Am I missing something?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
toontown
July 26, 2020, 11:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
If you can see films at the cinema, indoors, with no mask then that is riskier than football out of doors with a mask and a 50% capacity limit. This guidance does seem excessively cautious and unfair. Can't see how it will be viable for clubs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
mimma
July 26, 2020, 11:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
He also mentioned that we will have to test our staff on a regular basis, and we MUST use the EFL testing company, and foot the bill for this privilege That cost is put at £3,000 a week! Are the EFL deliberately trying to bankrupt small clubs like us?. Why can't we use the free NHS testing facility instead?

The EFL have taken huge sums of money from the clubs over the years, for them to demand we must pay to use their testing facility, is nothing short of an effing disgrace!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
scrumble
July 27, 2020, 12:11am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from forza ivano
Might well suit the premiership agenda (and/or the growing clamour for relegation proof super leagues) to cut the rest off and let them survive by their own means.

I wouldn't be surprised if the premier league graciously offer a rescue package to help league clubs, but on the proviso we let in B teams

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
promotion plaice
July 27, 2020, 12:30am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from scrumble

I wouldn't be surprised if the premier league graciously offer a rescue package to help league clubs, but on the proviso we let in B teams

If that ever happens it will be time for me to get my fishing gear out again.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
Biccys
July 27, 2020, 1:29am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I think the ban on away fans is a fantastic idea for the time being. Opening up the away end so we can accept more home fans (which there will be more of than most clubs will bring if we're at a reduced capacity) would benefit all of us. More of us there and a higher income for the club. Makes sense, will never happen....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Message from the chairman

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.