2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
August 21, 2020, 9:11am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Just a random thought and idea. Why don't the club open up season tickets to fans and juust refund for each game where we aren't allowed to attend. Have the money from the season tickets in a seperate bank account as a 'back up' incase financially things start to to turn even worse..

Example being if season tickets where £230 for the 23 home games, for every home game the fans aren't allowed in refund £10 (just an example).
I'm assuming fans will be allowed back in before the end of the season, if not worse case scenario everyone gets their money back and thhe club make a very small bit of interest on the money they held for that few months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
golfer
August 21, 2020, 9:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Illegal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
aldi_01
August 21, 2020, 9:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m sure this is almost money laundering?

I mean nice idea but I’m pretty sure it would 100% be illegal...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
Jarmo.Is.God
August 21, 2020, 10:31am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Would be good if they could do IFollow ST, and you can watch home and away games for the season.

Would buy one, then when allowed in, still go to the matches.

This way the club are at least getting something from us, and we still get to watch them play
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
aldi_01
August 21, 2020, 10:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Would be good if they could do IFollow ST, and you can watch home and away games for the season.

Would buy one, then when allowed in, still go to the matches.

This way the club are at least getting something from us, and we still get to watch them play

Give it ten minutes and someone will be here telling you you can do that anyway already, for free through some streaming site...

To be honest, today’s fixture announcement was not exciting as normal, in fact it lacked anything. There’s been buggerall indiciation on whether or not we’ll ever be allowed back and the prospect of watching games on the TV is just boring...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Sandford1981
August 21, 2020, 11:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from aldi_01

There’s been buggerall indiciation on whether or not we’ll ever be allowed back and the prospect of watching games on the TV is just boring...

I’d happily pay for an ifollow season ticket, as at the moment it seems like the only feasible option to watch us whilst ensuring some money finds its way back to the club.

Nothing will ever replace seeing football live, it’s one of life’s simple pleasures but whilst it’s not possible I’d take seeing it on the box, every day of the week (if only) I can’t remember where I saw it but recall reading early on in lockdown, ‘football without fans is nothing... until it is everything’ which I reckon is a brilliant way of encapsulating the current state of affairs.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Jarmo.Is.God
August 21, 2020, 11:22am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from aldi_01

Give it ten minutes and someone will be here telling you you can do that anyway already, for free through some streaming site...

To be honest, today’s fixture announcement was not exciting as normal, in fact it lacked anything. There’s been buggerall indiciation on whether or not we’ll ever be allowed back and the prospect of watching games on the TV is just boring...

It is, but watching on TV is better than not watching at all i suppose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 21, 2020, 11:23am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +882
Gold Stars: 122
Quoted from aldi_01
There’s been buggerall indication on whether or not we’ll ever be allowed back and the prospect of watching games on the TV is just boring...

Well it seems to be OK for the 99.9% of Man Utd fans who support them around the world but have never actually seen them play LOL

At least if all of the games are to be streamed online, it gives our ex-pats a chance to watch every game, admittedly not in the heady numbers of Premiership fans, but nonetheless we may pick up more fans wanting to watch the genius Ollie at work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
grimsby pete
August 21, 2020, 11:36am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
How about selling bunches of tickets say six to ten and you can choose what games you attend something like they do for exiles.

It might help the cash flow if that is legal.

Then when we are allowed back you can buy the reminder of the games if you so wish.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
jamesgtfc
August 21, 2020, 12:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from lukeo
Just a random thought and idea. Why don't the club open up season tickets to fans and juust refund for each game where we aren't allowed to attend. Have the money from the season tickets in a seperate bank account as a 'back up' incase financially things start to to turn even worse..

Example being if season tickets where £230 for the 23 home games, for every home game the fans aren't allowed in refund £10 (just an example).
I'm assuming fans will be allowed back in before the end of the season, if not worse case scenario everyone gets their money back and thhe club make a very small bit of interest on the money they held for that few months.

I don't see how this concept is illegal? There are T&C's within the season ticket that gets the club out of paying a refund. I believe Scunthorpe tried to hide behind that.

Maybe the way Luke worded it makes it appear dodgier but he is essentially saying that income shouldn't be spent and should be put to one side as cash in the bank for a rainier day.

I think it's a good idea. The club sells tickets and offers fans a refund or credit on any they can't get to. There was a post last night about Lincoln planning to ballot seats with those unsuccessful getting a free match pass for iFollow and a credit to be used against a season ticket next season. Same concept except the customer doesn't physically get the money back in their hand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket idea

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.