moosey_club
August 23, 2020, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from pen penfras

If away games are included, then it'll be significantly cheaper to watch all the matches, and you'll be first in line to go back to BP when fans are allowed back in. Seems a good deal to me.

The article said "home matches free" and other games available for around £10. So its a sh1t deal.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
diehardmariner
August 24, 2020, 11:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
Fully appreciate that it must be a nightmare trying to plan anything, but the deathly silence from the EFL on this is painful.

The season starts in 12 days with the League Cup, there needs to be something in place asap as to how people can stream games and how much it will cost.  

The scenario above highlights the confusion.  iFollow have cemented their place as the medium for streaming Town games, yet if Sky Sports are to come in this throws up a can of worms.  

The footballing authorities need to sort with the clubs appropriate packages and how streaming deals will fit in with season tickets.

I think it's inevitable that streaming of games will be the new norm now.  I don't think any of us really want it to replace the experience of going to games live but 1) we don't know for definite when we're going to be allowed back into games 2) we don't know how many of us will be allowed back in, when we are allowed back 3) not everyone is going to be able to or feel comfortable going back into stadiums.

There's huge risk that if these packages aren't sorted then clubs will just fade into obscurity due to a lack of exposure.  Not to mention the risk, perhaps at a higher level, of people just turning up outside stadiums hoping to get a glimpse of the action.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
aldi_01
August 25, 2020, 6:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
How have some clubs managed to organise themselves and others haven’t?

Have they done it on guess work? Have received information and have planned accordingly?

The silence from the EFL is deafening although we expected nothing else. They had 5 months to figure it out and begin looking at solutions, deals and ways forward, instead they sat with a thumb up their bottom and worried about a salary cap...which let’s face it, wasn’t the most important thing to consider at this stage.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
diehardmariner
August 25, 2020, 10:53am
Vodka Drinker
I don't think it's fair to say they've had 5 months to work to figure it out.  For large parts since the end of March we've had no idea how long the pandemic would continue, indeed now we don't know how it's going to pan out.

The priority initially was the health and well-being of everyone involved, then completing the season in the best possible way they could.

I'm no fan of the EFL and I think they really need to pull their finger out at the minute, with the acknowledgement that it's very difficult circumstances and ultimately there is unlikely to be a solution where everyone is completely happy.  But I don't think they can be tarred with sitting on their hands for 5 months in relation to this issue.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
BobbyCummingsTackle
August 25, 2020, 11:05am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,310
Gold Stars: 309
I don't believe this story, and not just because it's the Mail.

There is nothing else about it anywhere, not even on the Sky website and Sky are the biggest self promoters in the business. If they'd done a deal like this and it had been 'leaked' by another news organisation they would be pushing like hell. Probably positioning it as Sky having saved league football.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
headingly_mariner
August 25, 2020, 11:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from diehardmariner
Fully appreciate that it must be a nightmare trying to plan anything, but the deathly silence from the EFL on this is painful.

The season starts in 12 days with the League Cup, there needs to be something in place asap as to how people can stream games and how much it will cost.  

The scenario above highlights the confusion.  iFollow have cemented their place as the medium for streaming Town games, yet if Sky Sports are to come in this throws up a can of worms.  

The footballing authorities need to sort with the clubs appropriate packages and how streaming deals will fit in with season tickets.

I think it's inevitable that streaming of games will be the new norm now.  I don't think any of us really want it to replace the experience of going to games live but 1) we don't know for definite when we're going to be allowed back into games 2) we don't know how many of us will be allowed back in, when we are allowed back 3) not everyone is going to be able to or feel comfortable going back into stadiums.

There's huge risk that if these packages aren't sorted then clubs will just fade into obscurity due to a lack of exposure.  Not to mention the risk, perhaps at a higher level, of people just turning up outside stadiums hoping to get a glimpse of the action.

Is ifollow not part of or partnered up with Sky?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
Dan
August 25, 2020, 2:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
The headline doesn’t really make sense, but reading between the lines it seems like sky have ‘allowed’ the clubs to broadcast on ifollow, despite owning the rights to EFL games. I’m not sure Sky are involved in any way with the streaming on club websites, which will probably be the same as it currently is. IFollow as far as I’m aware, is run by Perform group who are well known in Europe for the Dazn streaming service and in the US for streaming NFL and other nonsense sports. They also own Opta who compile all the data. They’re not related to Sky as far as I know.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
arryarryarry
August 25, 2020, 3:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Dan
The headline doesn’t really make sense, but reading between the lines it seems like sky have ‘allowed’ the clubs to broadcast on ifollow, despite owning the rights to EFL games. I’m not sure Sky are involved in any way with the streaming on club websites, which will probably be the same as it currently is. IFollow as far as I’m aware, is run by Perform group who are well known in Europe for the Dazn streaming service and in the US for streaming NFL and other nonsense sports. They also own Opta who compile all the data. They’re not related to Sky as far as I know.

I assume that Sky have the rights to all EFL football matches. The EFL had to come to an agreement with Sky in 2018/19 to allow UK viewers to be able to watch midweek games on IFollow so I assume they have to be involved in any other type of broadcasting/streaming service?

Currently the games are filmed in the Championship on a multi-camera basis and up to last season in Leagues 1 & 2 on a single camera basis but I understand that may change for Leagues 1 & 2 to at least a 2 camera coverage. Who arranges and pays the cameramen to film, Sky perhaps?
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
prestonmariner
August 26, 2020, 10:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +250
Gold Stars: 3
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/august/all-sky-bet-efl-matches-available-on-tv-or-online/

More official details just released.

Be interesting to see if our Season Tickets will be onsale in time and if they'll include the home matches.

Also interested to see how much of that £10 goes to the clubs in both a home and away scenario. If i pay £10 to watch us away at Walsall, where does the majority of the money go? Us or them?

At least we can watch all the games though.

UTM

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
diehardmariner
August 26, 2020, 10:50am
Vodka Drinker
Would love to know why Championship midweek away games are available but not in League One and League Two.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Streaming - sky sports

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.