grimps
August 23, 2020, 5:31pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,152
Gold Stars: 46
I’ve just been watching the Justin Fashanu documentary on Netflix and was wondering if I ever saw him play .
I checked out his Wiki page and he played for Leyton Orient in the 1990 season and was wondering if he played in the games Against Town that year ?
He only played 5 games for them but I couldn’t find out which 5 .
I know I saw his brother John play against Town in the Wimbledon game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rick12
August 23, 2020, 5:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from grimps
I’ve just been watching the Justin Fashanu documentary on Netflix and was wondering if I ever saw him play .
I checked out his Wiki page and he played for Leyton Orient in the 1990 season and was wondering if he played in the games Against Town that year ?
He only played 5 games for them but I couldn’t find out which 5 .
I know I saw his brother John play against Town in the Wimbledon game
So sad what happened to him.Of topic slightly but I read that the reason why he committed suicide was some person who he was meant to have had homosexual  sexual activity with accused him of something he hadn't done.Took his own life because he felt he wouldn't get a fair trial as he was gay  . This may or may not have been on the netflix documentary which I haven't seen?

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
tanga_the_indestructible
August 23, 2020, 5:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 5
Yes we played against him in 1984-85when he was at Notts County . He definitely scored in a 1-1 draw at their place, but we played them in the FA Cup that season too, so three games in total.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
livosnose
August 23, 2020, 6:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,183
Gold Stars: 15
Awooooga ! Sorry that was John .

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
GollyGTFC
August 23, 2020, 6:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Funny story about Justin Fashanu. Cloughie signed him for £1m but quickly realised he wasn’t good enough for Forest. Cloughie told him he had no future at Forest and he went away to consider what Cloughie had said.

He went back to Cloughie a few days later and told him “I’ve thought about what you said and I’ve spoken to God and he thinks I should stay and fight for my place.”

Cloughie replies “unfortunately there’s only one god in Nottingham and he thinks you should f**k off to Notts County.”

He joined Notts County for £100,000 a few days later.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 15
Rick12
August 23, 2020, 7:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Funny story about Justin Fashanu. Cloughie signed him for £1m but quickly realised he wasn’t good enough for Forest. Cloughie told him he had no future at Forest and he went away to consider what Cloughie had said.

He went back to Cloughie a few days later and told him “I’ve thought about what you said and I’ve spoken to God and he thinks I should stay and fight for my place.”

Cloughie replies “unfortunately there’s only one god in Nottingham and he thinks you should f**k off to Notts County.”

He joined Notts County for £100,000 a few days later.
I saw a video where Clough was meant to have been homophobic to Fashanu and thats a main reason why he didnt play him?.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
jock dock tower
August 23, 2020, 9:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
He had MOTD's goal of the season when playing for Norwich in the 1980.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wk34X94Whk

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
Poojah
August 23, 2020, 10:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from jock dock tower

I’ve seen that before, even though it’s a few years before my time, but that’s a fúcking brilliant goal.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 24, 2020, 2:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
John Fashanu is a total 🔔 🔚

Plays the race/god card wherever he can. Disowned his brother when he ‘came out’ from what I recall and just comes across as a right arrogant sharp object

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Mayaman
August 24, 2020, 3:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,422
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from jock dock tower

I remember that game.  Was a bout 5-3 to Liverpool.  I think supersub Fairclough came and did wonders. Fashanu's goal was top drawer and I loved his muted celebration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Justin Fashanu

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.