Well done Charles on winning EFL goal of the season in our colours
promotion plaice
August 27, 2020, 12:08pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 201

Probably what sealed his move to Burton  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 27, 2020, 12:27pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +882
Gold Stars: 122
Its amazing how the very similar goal scored by Son Heung-min for Spurs was shown around the world and described as a wonder goal, and yet CV's goal, only really seen by viewers of EFL on Quest, was largely ignored in its brilliance. Considering a goal like that is generally a once-in-a-career strike, I do hope Burton didnt sign him on the strength of that one goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
Abdul19
August 27, 2020, 12:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 219
If that goal had been scored by *famous player* they'd have been talking about it on *tv programme* for *long length of time*.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
Heisenberg
August 27, 2020, 12:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,103
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Abdul19
If that goal had been scored by *famous player* they'd have been talking about it on *tv programme* for *long length of time*.

I did NOT want CV to leave and am still annoyed by the whole thing, BUT, if I'm honest regarding that goal, his dribbling at speed was fantastic, but his strike was weak and crept past a keeper who messed it up.  You could tell that by the reaction of the home crowd.  There'll be plenty who disagree, but that's my take on it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
Poojah
August 27, 2020, 12:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
As good an individual goal as it undoubtedly was, it's also one that you'd be horrified to see your own team concede - there's some incredibly poor defending and goalkeeping on show there.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
Northbank Mariner
August 27, 2020, 1:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Heisenberg

I did NOT want CV to leave and am still annoyed by the whole thing, BUT, if I'm honest regarding that goal, his dribbling at speed was fantastic, but his strike was weak and crept past a keeper who messed it up.  You could tell that by the reaction of the home crowd.  There'll be plenty who disagree, but that's my take on it!

Let's be right about this, we can coo all we like about what a superb goal that was, but if another striker had done that to us and Macca had not saved a shot as weak as CVs was we'd be lambasting Macca for another balls up, not admiring the opponent's goal...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
RichMariner
August 27, 2020, 1:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,165
Gold Stars: 211
All goals are equal — whether they fly in from 30 yards or come off someone's bottom inside the six-yard box.

CV's goal was a joy to watch. His balance while running at speed was amazing. Sometimes you can be made to look bad at defending just from how good someone is with the ball at their feet.

Those mazy dribbles are enjoyed by everyone bar the fans and the team they go against. I wouldn't have applauded it if I were a Colchester fan in the stands that night.

But I applauded Muzzy Izzet's when it flew into the top corner. A goal like his takes everything out of the equation; it's impossible to defend against.

With CV's goal you can't help but look at it and highlight how many occasions Colchester could've prevented it from happening.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
louth_in_the_south
August 27, 2020, 4:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,711
Gold Stars: 96
It’s easy to criticise the defending but at the end of the day how many times do you see a player start on the edge of their area and dribble past half a teams players and score ? I can’t ever remember someone doing that to us in 35 years of watching Town !! It was an amazing goal that he’ll remember and the 300 fans there that night will remember for the rest of their lives . To win EFL goal of the season out of all the 1000s that were scored should be celebrated for GTFC.

The goalkeeper should’ve saved it though 😂😂

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
kia82kaha
August 27, 2020, 5:52pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +9
Gold Stars: 1

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vernam EFL goal of the season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.